unconscious on sesame street

Maryland's night air was cool with a soft breeze, the moon hidden behind clouds as faint streaks of light shed down upon the earth

Maryland's night air was cool with a soft breeze, the moon hidden behind clouds as faint streaks of light shed down upon the earth. Standing on top of the hotel roof was Kennedy and Peter, both having shed their extra layers, revealing their hero suits beneath their civilian clothing. Well, Kennedy was standing anyways. Peter was crouching over a small portion of a roof that was window, giving them both a crystal clear birds eye view of the hotel below them; particularly the pool.

As Peter gazed down, it was clear to see that he wanted to be with Liz. Her giggles floated up from inside, muted but still very present in the night air as she kicked around, splashing water, sitting on the edge of the pool. With Peter looking down at Liz, Kennedy studied Peter's face carefully, skillfully noting the sadness and regret that swam in the depths of his chocolate eyes. It would have been easy for Kennedy to give him a snarky or teasing comment but instead she simply crossed her arms, deciding to turn the other cheek for this one time as she averted her eyes from both Peter and the window, looking at the world around them.

And, for once, Kennedy said nothing.

"We should go," mumbled Peter after a little while, standing up and pushing some of his clothes to the side as he pulled out his SpiderMan mask.

Nodding, Kennedy began to walk towards the edge only to hear Peter yelp loudly as the SpiderMan mask fully covered his head. The suit had once again lit up, electricity rippling throughout the entire body before it faded once more, just as quickly as it had came.

"It talked!" Peter whispered loudly. "Hello? Hello?"

"Congratulations on completing your Training Wheels Protocol," this time Kennedy could hear the voice as well, a cool feminine voice unlike FRIDAY's which spoke directly into her comm unit in her ear. "And gaining complete access to your suits full capabilities. Kennedy, congratulations to you as well, your father is incredibly proud of you for finally setting aside your differences and working with him rather than against him."

Kennedy almost fell off the roof of the building. "I'm sorry - what?"

"Thank you," Peter squeaked out before turning to Kennedy, giving her a completely baffled glance. "Um - what is this?"

"The Artificial Intelligence unit we programmed into your suit," Kennedy told him. "But I don't do the whole AI thing - I don't know why I can hear her!"

"Mr. Stark programmed me to be able to speak to you through your comm so you and Peter would have more interaction during the duo missions he has trained you both for," piped up AI, her voice smooth as a river. "He also thought that you would be ready for AI once your training was complete. So, where would you both like to take me tonight?"

Kennedy's mind whirring, she didn't have a good answer. Artificial Intelligence was something she resisted having in her suit for an incredibly long time, much to her fathers continuous disbelief.