plan weekend phase three

Three long claw marks were etched into the flawless skin Kennedy's right arm as she twisted her body in the mirror, the scar only slightly faded from her encounter with T'Challa two months ago

Three long claw marks were etched into the flawless skin Kennedy's right arm as she twisted her body in the mirror, the scar only slightly faded from her encounter with T'Challa two months ago. Wrapping around her upper thigh, clearly visible just under the short hem of Kennedy's fancy blue dress, was a scorch mark, still red and angry, a trophy from the ferry fight. Draped around Kennedy's body was a dress in a deep blue with thin straps and a slim skirt that ended just above her knees, her hair twisted up elegantly while beautiful earrings hung from her ears as she glanced at herself in the full length mirror of the incredibly fancy restroom, soft music echoing in the background.

"Your dads speech is about to start."

It was Darcy. Dressed just as elegantly as Kennedy, in a flowing violet dress, she stepped into the empty bathroom, her gaze uncharacteristically softening as she saw Kennedy scrutinizing her appearance. Moving forwards slightly, Darcy's reflection stood next to Kennedy's as she gazed at it for a second before lightly tugging Kennedy's arms.

"C'mon, Ken."

Allowing herself to be pulled out, Kennedy took a deep breath as the two made their exit, stumbling straight into the grand ballroom. Tony was throwing a press conference dinner for the opening of the new Avengers facility at quite easily the nicest area in all of New York, with an enormous chandelier crafted from a million jewels casting a heavenly glow across the room. Even the walls seemed to sparkle as they caught the light, the jewelry on the hundreds of elegantly dressed women shining as they chatted with equally as nicely dressed men, everyone milling around comfortably. A large but empty stage sat in the front, grand in all of its glory, where Tony would be arriving to speak any minute.

"Did you guys hear? My favorite surgeon, my idol, my superhero, Stephen Strange just lost his hands! Also, the food here sucks," Fridge whined, walking over to them as the three teens stood at the edge of the gala. "I haven't even heard of half of this stuff!"

"First of all, nobody cares about your man crush," Darcy informed him huffily. "Second of all, it's because you are an uncultured pig!"

Fridge was about to fire back only suddenly all of the lights shut off. Everyone fell silent as their eyes moved towards the stage where a single spotlight shone, following Tony Stark, who was dressed smartly in a full suit and his usual glasses as he crossed the stage confidently, walking over to the mic. Tapping it once, a small noise rang out across the room, giving Tony the signal as he picked up the microphone.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen," Tony's voice was smooth and pleasant as he talked over the crowd. "Hope everyone's had a fine time tonight so far, but I won't bore you with small talk tonight. There's a reason why you came here tonight."

RING RING RING

Kennedy's mouth fell open as her phone began to ring wildly, blaring from a hidden pocket sewn into her dress. As people around her, Darcy, and Fridge began to turn around in irritation, glaring as Tony's speech was drowned out, Kennedy fumbled for it wildly, pulling it out of her pocket as the screen flashed vibrantly, spelling out a name in blocky letters.