Chapter Three

Okay, so I'm having problems with parts of the story...

It's just... You know what? I'm not giving any hints. Spoilers are not allowed.

Enjoy. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack's POV:

"Jacky, are you feeling better, buddy?" I hear someone ask. They sounded far away, like something was blocking me from them. I couldn't quite make out who they were, either.

I coughed. "W-Where's Bunny?" I mumbled, my words coming out jumbled. I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't. I was too tired.

"I'm right here, Jacky. It's okay." I could barely hear him, but he sounded worried.

"What happened?" I croaked; my throat felt dry, like I hadn't used it in a while. "Is someone hurt? Is-" I couldn't finish; I started coughing uncontrollably.

"Go ahead and rest now. I'll be here when you wake up. I promise..." He whispered. I could've sworn he said something else, but even if he did, I wouldn't have understood it. I was already back asleep. I was just so tired...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aster's POV:

He looked so fragile.

He hadn't moved from the spot where we first put him since he woke up three days ago.. It's hard to think that he's been there for a week. After he fell back asleep he stopped breathing. North and two of the yetis had to pull me out of the room because I had gone into hysterics.

It was my entire fault and I knew it. Everyone keeps telling me otherwise, but I know better.

I need to get some fresh air, I thought as I opened a portal in front of me. Just before I stepped in, I heard my name.

"Bunny, I think you might want to come in here..." Tooth said hesitantly. She must have thought I was ready to explode again.

I turned and followed her into the room Jack was unconscious in.

"Are you bringing me in here just to torcher m-" I stopped midsentence.

"H-Hey Bunny, did you miss me?" Jack whispered hoarsely. My mouth hung open as I tried to form a coherent sentence. Tears flooded down my face.

"Y-You're alive!" I exclaimed, overjoyed. I couldn't believe it.

He chuckled quietly as I made my way over to his bedside.

"You're very enthusiastic today." He whispered with a smile.

Tooth handed him a glass of water. "I'll leave you two to yourselves." She said, giving Jack a knowing wink and exiting the room. A spark of jealously rose in me but it was put out when Jack began to speak again.

"I missed you, Bunny." He said quietly, as if he hoped I wouldn't hear.

"I missed you too, Jacky." I whispered. I leaned over and kissed him on the forehead. "Get some rest." I squeezed his hand once then got up to leave, but he held onto my hand.

"Stay, please. At least until I fall asleep." He said as he looked up at me.

I smiled at him; he looked so frail, so breakable. I couldn't just leave him there. The eggs can wait a little longer to get painted.

"I'll be here when you wake up." I told him as I pulled up a chair beside his bed and tried to sleep.

(Goodnight, 'Bunny'...)

The voice in my head cackled.

I settled into a restless sleep, full of bad memories that were never meant to be revisited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!!

Long time no update, huh?

I am truly sorry for that, and I know this chapter is shorter than Frank Iero but I thought that I should give you lovely readers an update since you've been so nice, helpful and loving.

Thank you for your support. I may be able to finish this book, but I need to fix some things in the plot first.

If you want to read some more things that I've written, go to my works. I have a new book that I'm writing and I would love your opinion on it. The part that's up is a sneak peek.

Thank you SO, SO much.

I love you guys bunches.

Thanks for putting up with me and my crap.