17. The Relentless Redhead

I walked into the motel room, having caught a taxi to get me back. I figured Dick Roman would want all cameras on me as I left. I held in the news until I got back to the motel. I had turned off the Bluetooth phone a couple minutes into the interview, making an excuse that I had a phone call. I know I pissed off the boys but it was making me uncomfortable.

"What the hell, Melinda!?" Dean yelled just as soon as I walked in. They both stood up and started to bombard me with questions. I held up both my hands, shutting them up.

"First of all, I did it so I would seem more natural," I answered them. "Second, I got the job." A smile started to grow on my lips. "I start tomorrow." A big smile was on my lips now. The boys were silent and the flask was nowhere to be seen. I was able to hear the crickets outside, giving it a comedic feel.

Sam cleared his throat, a smile danced on his lips. "That's awesome! Now we got an insider!"

"Yeah, and she's more than likely to get killed," Dean muttered, walking back over to his bed.

The two men started to bicker, so I went ahead and took a shower. I could still hear them while the water was running. It was about fifteen minutes before I finally got out. Naturally, I grabbed a towel before walking out. I looked at my reflection, looking for any blackheads or zits. That's when I noticed Dean's coat. And that it was suddenly cold.

Bobby flickered to life behind me. I squealed but kept my towel up.

"Sorry," he muttered. "But this was the only time I could get you away from those two idjits."

"What do you want, Bobby?" I said flatly.

"Simple. I wanna hitch a ride into Roman Enterprises."

"No way," I replied, squinting my eyes at him. "No. No one wants you to go vengeful. He's the one that killed you, right?" Nod. "Yeah, no. You're not going anywhere near Dick."

"And why should you?"

"Bye, Bobby," I muttered, grabbing a bar of soap and touching him with it. One thing I checked on the ingredients was that it was made of salt before buying it. Just in case.

Even though I was feeling really weird, knowing an old dead man was watching me, I changed into a pair of red pajamas. I walked out and apparently my face was pale because you can bet that I got questions.

"What's wrong?" Sam asked, his eyes squinting with concern.

"Just a little, uh, ghostly," I answered, hugging my chest with my arms. Both Winchesters frowned and looked away, not wanting to talk about Bobby.

"Okay, so," Sam started, "first day tomorrow. What are you planning to do?"

"Work, obviously," I scoffed. "And try and find the guy hacking Devoro's file."

"Do you even know anything about computers?" Dean retorted, crossing his arms. "You're like, freaking Dory!"

"Really? Do you really wanna start this now?" I growled. I squinted my eyes and sighed. If he really wanted to argue after a ghost just watched me change, I was gonna be pissed. "Sam gave me a crash course last night when we came up with the idea."

"Crash course on what? How to use Google?"

"Guys, stop," Sam groaned, holding the bridge of his nose. "Seriously, you two haven't argued yet, why now?"

"Dean started it!" I defended myself just as Dean said that I started it. I glared at him just as he yelled at me.

"This is serious, Melinda," Dean said. "These Leviathans want our heads on a plate to eat for dinner! This isn't just a ghost or-or-or a demon!" My breath hitched at the black-eyed sonsofbitches name. He noticed and turned away, not going to apologize. I quickly sat up camp on the floor and immediately went to bed before Sam could protest.