Chapter 7

Marisari stood anxiously in her tent, waiting for her husband to come to bed so she could tell him about the baby. She had been pacing for a quite a while now, trying to think of what to say and how to tell him. Tala sat beside the bed of furs and watched her master walk back and forth, she could tell her master's sent had changed and that she would be in need of much more protecting that usual.

Sari had just sat down on the bed when the tent flap was pulled up and Drogo stepped into view.

Noticing his wife's tenseness, Drogo walked over to her and kneeled down, "Is everything alright my little dragon?"

Marisari smiled down at her husband and placed a hand of his cheek, "Everything is perfect my sun and stars. I have some wonderful news for you."

Drogo grinned and her, "Then keep me in suspense no longer moon of my life."

Instead of telling him, Marisari stood from the bed and Drogo followed her example towering over her. Sari grabbed her husband's large hand and placed it over her stomach, staring up into his eyes waiting for him to catch on to what she was trying to tell him.

It took a few minutes for him to figure it out, first Drogo was confused, and then he became irritated when she didn't say anything. Slowly understanding began filling his eyes, then hope. Finally, happiness, joy, excitement was shown in their dark depths.

"I am with child." She told him although it did not need to be said. "It will be a boy."

Drogo looked up at her in wonder, "How do you know?"

Marisari smiled largely up at him and told him wisely, "A mother knows."

Drogo bent down on one knee so he was faced with her barely rounded belly and rubbed it gently with his warm fingers, "It is a gift, a gift from the Great Stallion."

Marisari sighed in relief and placed her hand atop his own, "You are happy." It was not a question; she could truly see that he was pleased with this news.

Drogo stood back up and cupped her cheeks with his hand, touching her forehead to his and he whispered to her, "Yes, little dragon, I am very happy. You have made me very happy."

And then he took her to bed and showed her just how happy she had made him.

The next morning Marisari awoke wrapped in her husband's warm embrace, She smiled happily and snuggled closer, preparing to rest a while more only for her stomach to interrupted the moment and force her to run to the chamber pot and expel her last meal.

Marisari vaguely heard Drogo awaken, calling for her handmaidens, after that she heard the girls rush into the tent and felt someone's hand reach for her hair and pull it away, rubbing her back as they did so.

Irri came up to her and placed a cup of liquid against her lips urging her to drink it slowly. After doing so, Sari felt her stomach start to calm itself.

She lifted her head up and thanked the girls. Looking around, Marisari finally noticed her husband's absence and realized he must have left after her handmaidens entered. As the girls began getting her ready they noticed that her usual clothing had become a bit snug on her. Her body had begun to grow in preparation for the coming months.

Doreah had just finished pulling her hair back, she turned and asked her mistress, "How are you felling, Khaleesi?"

Marisari smiled kindly at her head maid, "I am better, thank you. What was in the cup Irri gave me?"