Chapter 18

Hadrian spent the rest of the summer working on his zoometamorphagus abilities after his father unlocked it inside of him. Apparently, his necklace which he had since he was a baby was a lock on his magical core. His mother had placed it to protect him from the negative effects of the ability.

Zoometamorphagus naturally had a grey core and were inclined towards a certain animal. Whether this was good or bad was based on the characteristics gained from the animal. His mother, Xerthea, was stronger with her fox form. According to his father, her eyes occasionally became slitted and at certain times she grew a big fluffy tail. Personally, Hadrian thought that was pretty cool.

However, this also came with drawbacks. Foxes were much like wolves, and were sometimes very aggressive towards strangers. This drove out many potential allies and sometimes her temper got in the way of the mission. However, she was also very sly and could slip past all enemies.

His father broke the lock by destroying the necklace. It was very difficult, and took a lot of dark magic, but he eventually managed it and Hadrian felt much better without it, even if he never noticed it.

So his father helped him and he eventually managed to change into two animals. A crow and an arctic wolf. The whole process of changing was exactly like that of an animagus, so he basically had seven animagus forms, even if he didn't know what all of them were yet.

And before he knew it, September came again and he was back off to school. This time, however, he went to the station with family.

~•~•~•~•~

"Make sure to let Draka out to the Forbidden Forest. Nagini wouldn't be very happy if her sister died of starvation." Marvolo said as they walked through the barrier.

"I know, Father. I am just as responsible as you." Hadrian replied, glaring.

"If you ever need anything, just use the scar and I'll be there right away to kill everyone." He muttered in Hadrian's ear, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Hopefully it won't come to that. For the school's sake, not mine." Hadrian smirked.

"Goodbye, Hadrian. Do well." Marvolo said in farewell.

"Bye Father." Hadrian replied, and walked onto the train with Draco.

~•~•~•~•~

"Did you place it with the girl?"

"Yes, My Lord. She will give it to Hadrian as soon as she sees the name."

"Good. You have done well, Lucius."

~•~•~•~•~

"First years, over here!" Hadrian heard Hagrid yell. Ignoring him, he walked with Draco to the carriages, which were being pulled by thestrals. Petting one and stroking its head, Hadrian looked insane to the other students.

"Hadrian, what are you doing?" Draco whispered, glancing at the other students.

"Someday you will be able to see them, Draco. The thestrals. Magnificent creatures, smarter than any other. They speak many tongues." Hadrian replied, entranced with the creature before him.

"Thestrals?! Why would they be pulling the carriages?!" Draco said, worried.

"Dumbledore, no doubt. Get in the carriage, Draco. I'll be there soon." Hadrian scowled. Draco nodded, and opened the door.

"~I will do my very best to get you out of your enslavement, great beast.~" Hadrian whispered in Parseltongue.

"~It has been many years since I have been spoken to in this tongue. Thank you, son of Tom Riddle. I will hold you to your promise.~" The thestral replied, before allowing Hadrian to go into the carriage and trotting to the castle.

~•~•~•~•~

"Welcome to another good year at Hogwarts! Let us welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Gilderoy Lockhart! I will remind you that the Forbidden Forest is off limits, and anyone who might try to break the rules will find themselves severely punished. And with that, let the feast begin!" Dumbledore said, arms spread wide.

Hadrian scowled, annoyed with Dumbledore's act.

"~Stupid humans. Waking me from my slumber.~" Draka hissed, lifting her head to look at the students. They looked startled, preparing to fight her if necessary.

"I'm sorry, Draka. Its not exactly my fault that Dumbledore is loud and obnoxious. Just like that mudblood Granger." Hadrian said, stroking Draka. Draco laughed, agreeing with Hadrian.

"~I'm hungry.~" Draka muttered, swinging her head to look at Hadrian.

"I'll bring you out to get you some food, yes?" Hadrian replied. She nodded, settling back down.

"She understands English?" Draco asked.

"I have been teaching her. It is difficult to live in a castle full of children without knowing what their intentions are."

"Ah, that makes sense."

They continued with their dinner, chatting aimlessly and hoping they would have good teachers. Based on the books they had to get for Defense, it wasn't looking to be a good year.

"I'll be telling my father about this! Lockhart hasn't experienced any of the things he wrote in these books! Such a simpleton." Draco muttered. Hadrian mentally agreed with him. If the ministry was allowing fakes to teach the students, they must be pretty oblivious to the fact that Voldemort was still out there.

~•~•~•~•~

"Goodnight Hadrian." Draco said, walking into his new room. Hadrian's room was a lot like the one he had in first year, as his father's taste in color didn't change much. The only thing that did change was that it was much larger.

"~Would you like to hunt now?~" He asked Draka.

"~Please.~" She replied. Hadrian walked to a corner of the room and shadow stepped to the edge of the Forbidden Forest, where he let Draka down on the forest floor. He watched as she slithered away for a minute, before returning to his room and going to sleep.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Alright! Second year has started, and Hadrian is going to look for the Chamber of Secrets! Sorry if this chapter was kind of boring, but I'm doing my best! Thanks!

Amber Silverwood