Chapter 24

The day of the ball was here, and Hadrian was more than ready to show off with his father. They would both be wearing dark green robes, but Marvolo's would have silver trim and Hadrian's would have black.

After finally finishing with his hair, Hadrian walked to the floo and waited for his father.

"Hadrian, are you ready?" Marvolo asked as he walked down the stairs. Hadrian nodded, and stepped into the floo with his father.

"Malfoy Manor."

~•~•~•~•~

The Malfoy's ballroom was filled with wizards and witches of all ages, with most of the children in their own groups. Hadrian saw Draco and some other Slytherins off in a corner, but ignored them and stuck with his father.

"Lord Riddle." Lucius said, walking over to them.

"Lucius, thank you for hosting this event. It was very kind of you to invite the light families as well." Marvolo replied, both of them knowing that he was praising his own work. Hadrian snorted slightly at this, earning a warning glance from his father.

"Lord Peverell, it's a pleasure." Lucius said, nodding towards the younger Riddle in greeting.

"The pleasure is all mine, Lord Malfoy." Hadrian replied. In his peripheral vision, Hadrian could see Dumbledore walk in, seemingly as if he owned the place. He nudged his father slightly, gesturing over to the old man. Marvolo's eyes narrowed, not liking the fact that Dumbledore was here.

"Lucius, let's greet Headmaster Dumbledore, yes?" Marvolo suggested. Lucius nodded, and guided them through the crowd.

"Headmaster, what a surprise it is to see you here." Lucius started.

"Lucius my boy, always a-" Dumbledore suddenly stopped, gazing at Marvolo with wide eyes.

"Headmaster Dumbledore, it's such a surprise to see you so far from the school. I am Lord Riddle, my son attends Hogwarts." Marvolo greeted.

"Tom?" Dumbledore whispered.

"No, my name is Marvolo." He replied, keeping up appearances of not being a dark lord.

Dumbledore struggled to keep a smile on his face.

"Well. It's nice to see you Mr. Riddle, Lucius, Marvolo." Dumbledore said, and walked away.

"Mr. Riddle?" Marvolo asked Hadrian.

"I asked that he not be on such familiar terms with me. It is much better than 'My Boy'." He replied. Marvolo smirked, and went off to greet other people with Hadrian close behind him.

~•~•~•~•~

"Thank you very much for joining us here today at our annual ball. It is with great gratitude that I thank all of the families that are new to this for coming, and the ones that are familiar for returning. So please, a toast, to a new and better future for the purebloods!" Lucius said, raising a glass. The people in the ball room also raised their glasses, before returning to what they were doing.

"Lucius, what a nice speech." Weasley senior said as he walked up to them with what was left of his family.

"Arthur, what a... pleasure." Lucius replied. Marvolo gave a warning glance to the blond, placing a hand on Hadrian's shoulder.

"Yes, as always." Arthur said dismissively, glancing at Marvolo and Hadrian.

"Lord Weasley, I'm sure you remember me from our little encounter at the station, yes?"

"Of course, Lord Riddle. I remember you. And your son, Hadrian is it?" Arthur replied.

"Yes." Hadrian nodded

"Well of course-"

"He remembers him!"

"Who would forget-"

"The one they tried to keep-"

"Captive!" Fred and George exclaimed, looking at Hadrian. Arthur opened his mouth to protest, but Marvolo cut him off.

"Yes, that matter has already been taken care of, and there are no hard feelings. It is getting late Lucius, I think that Hadrian and I will be heading home now. Thank you Lucius, Lord Weasley." He stated, and went to the floo with Hadrian behind him.

"Hey Riddle!" Hadrian heard from behind. Turning around, he saw Ron running up to him, Arthur yelling out to him to stop. Raising an eyebrow, he waited patiently for the redhead to stop before him. Instead of Ron doing that though, he continued running and eventually tackled the surprised Hadrian, starting an onslaught of punches to the face.

"How Muggle of you." Hadrian sneered as Arthur pulled his son off of him. He spit out some blood, wiping his mouth with his hand and waiting patiently as his father healed his face.

"Well then." Marvolo stated as he stood by his son. "Perhaps you should put a better leash on your children." He said, and then through the floo powder down, murmuring 'Riddle Manor'.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Physical Assault! I sue you Weasley! Anyways, *Clearing throat*, I hope you liked the chapter, and sorry it took so long! Thanks!

Amber Silverwood