{Ch 11}

"There is no remedy to love, but to love more

"There is no remedy to love, but to love more."
-Thoreau
~~~~~

- Jackson POV -

The ride to the estate was shorter than any of us had anticipated. Even thought we arrived almost on the dot, the streets were lined with expensive cars and the valet service provided backed up the half-circle driveway. I took a moment to admire the Victorian features of the household, it being a very classy and antique style that I loved.

The house was surrounded by a beautiful porch, the overhang directly above the large front door shaped in an intricately detailed arch. The dark-wooded entrance was guarded by a man who looked as if he could fill an empty grave with one swing. Through his black v-neck shirt, the muscles shone through as if blocked by the wisps of a cloud. I looked at Charlie to express how nervous I was, but she was checking out a gorgeous blonde that stepped out of a Porsche moments before.

Dean found a parking spot not too far away from the mansion, just across the deserted, private driveway. As we neared closer and closer, my palms began to sweat and my breath shortened. Was I really going to flirt with Dwayne Johnson and Arnold Schwarzenegger's mutant child on steroids? Just the thought of it made me tense up, immediately regretting my decision to go along with this plan in the first place. Magic was my strong suit; I didn't do well with saving people, hunting things, or flirting with complete strangers to sneak inside a private estate.

"Are you ready?" Charlie asked, coming up next to me with a nervous grin.

I let out a breathe and nodded, abandoning the three men and walking towards the front entrance. When we walked up, his interest peaked; a street dog that tasted bacon for the first time. His arms uncrossed as we smiled at him, stopping right in front of his bulging muscles and sculpted jawline.

"H-hello Sir." I grinned at him, trying my best but ultimately backfiring at my attempts to stay cool and collected. I was certain that I was going to blow it for my friends and that hurt more than the punch I'd probably receive from Hercules Jr. I thought long and hard about possible ways and it hit me. All of those rom-coms mother used to show me were the perfect example of flirting. For Charlie and I's sake, as well as the guys, let's hope it worked on him.

"So...." I giggled, twirling my hair around my finger. "What's a strong, confident man like you standing outside in the cold for, Mr....?"

His eyes twinkled when I spoke, a clear sign that it was starting to work. The list that he held in his hands was placed behind his back when we had arrived, and the plan was already in motion. He swiftly remembered his post and threw on a straight face, clearing his throat.

"I have to remain at my post, m'am. Also, the name is Hector." He spoke, his tone not wavering a bit.

I frowned, crinkling my nose, "That's a bummer. I'm sure your girlfriend really misses you in there."