Chapter 21

Sister

MinYoung's P.O.V
"The person you are calling is not available to take your call, please try again later"

I threw myself back onto the bed as my back laid on the bed while the back of my head hit the mattress. I let out a loud sigh as I held my phone up to stare at the screen. This was probably the hundredth time I've heard this message, I've practically memorized it.

"How does someone not answer a phone when you've called them so many times? I get it, this isn't my old phone, but still!" I talked to myself.

I heard Yoongi enter the room, so I sat back up on the bed instead of laying on it. He walked in with his usual bored looking face and looked at my frustrated expression.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing"

He approached me and sat on the free spot next to me. He looked down at my phone which was tightly held by my hand. His eyes squinted a bit to see the screen while my fingers tried to hide the screen.

"Min...Ra? I've heard that name before." He said as he looked up probably trying to remember who MinRa is.

"My sister," I mumbled.

He looked at me for a few seconds with a confused expression. His face lit up after remembering where he heard the name from.

"Lee MinRa! Your older sister! Jimin told me about her." He said proudly remembering who she is.

I smiled at the way he was acting before looking back at my phone. My smile turned upside down as I saw my sister's name projected on the small screen.

I miss her.

MinRa and I were so close. She would take care of me like a big sister would and I would take care of like a younger sister would. Sure, we would have some fights, but we always came to forgive each other.

When I found out she was getting married, I was happy for her. In fact, I actually helped plan out the whole wedding.

Things started to change a few months after the marriage. She moved out which made me sad, but we promise to stay in touch. We would call each other about once a week to give each other updates of what was happening.

But suddenly, she stopped calling. I never heard news from her or her husband. The last time I heard from them was when they sent us money.

Ever since we got that money, it was total chaos in the house. Fights about the amount of money, things being broken out of anger and fights about losing money. All of this just led to my dad running away with a certain amount.

I tried to call MinRa and tell her about Dad, but the call was always forwarded to a voicemail. I did leave her a message, but I don't think she received it.

Soon, things started getting worst and my mother died. I remember going to MinRa's house that day crying at her doorstep to let me in.

She never did.

The time I needed my sister the most, she wasn't there.

I was left alone.

"MinYoung"

I snapped out of my horrible memories as I heard Yoongi's voice speaking my name. I realized I was holding on to my phone tighter than ever.

My head looked up at his face staring into his eyes. Yes, I was looking at him, but truly, my thoughts were somewhere else.

Thinking of my sister just makes things from the past come and haunt me. But I want to see my sister. She lived and cared for us and there is no way she would want to cause any of this.

Right?

I suddenly felt really warm. It was as if everything in my mind was drifting off to somewhere while the feeling of warmth and being safe was taking over.

I felt a hand stroke my hair as my eyes slowly closed. I didn't realize that Yoongi had taken me in his embrace.

"I don't know what's going on with you MinYoung, but I don't want to see that look in your eyes again." I heard his soothing voice.

My head was resting on his chest as I listened to his heartbeat. I couldn't tell if it was beating fast or not, I was too lost in his warmth to realize it.

I felt a warm tear roll down my cheek. It wasn't a tear of sadness, it was a tear of joy. My fingers slowly brushed away the single tear not wanting to let more fall and wet Yoongi's shirt.

I haven't felt this kind of love and care for a long time. I haven't been in a warm embrace after everything that has happened. This was what I needed after everything that I had been through.

Honestly, when I think about it, I feel like losing my memory was better. I didn't remember all the hurtful things that had happened in the past. All that mattered was to create happy memories without the past ones destroying it.

Yoongi's arms slowly traveled up to my shoulders and placed his hands on them.
He looked at me straight in the eyes and smiled lightly.

"The look in your eyes are better. The look that makes you shine brighter." He said. "I don't know what you were thinking of, but whatever happened in the past is over. Think of the new memories you'll make now and in the future."

I slightly smiled as I looked at him.

"Yoongi." I stared deeply into his eyes. "You're probably the happiest memory I have so far."

A/N:
Hello~

Just wanted to say that this book is soon coming to an end, but I just don't know when.

I've also started to write a new fanfic!

The new one will be about Jungkook.

Please be patient~

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to vote!

Bye Bye~