Chapter 2

----Kattegat-6 months later----
"Where should we raid again, brother?" Rollo asked his brother, Ragnar, who sat at a table looking at a map, searching for the best option.

"I feel that it should be somewhere in Northumbrian lands, they paid well the last time." Ragnar stated followed by a small laugh. "What do you believe, Rollo?"

Rollo sat with his brother and looked over the map. "Deira, it is a rich city. It was a gamble last time, but we returned richer than the lands from the east." Ragnar peered at Rollo, but inside agreed it would be better.

"Very well than, we are raiding in Deira. Have the men prepare the ships, we set sail in a fortnight." Ragnar commanded his brother, who had a smirk of satisfaction on his face.

-----------14 days later-------------
"My dear sons, do not worry, for return, for I do not, I will ascend to Valhalla. Ubbe you are my oldest son and heir, while I am gone, make me proud to call you my son." Ragnar said reassuring Ubbe, Hvitserk, and Sigurd. Contrary to Ivar who sat on the ground with a face of doubt, not wanting his father to leave again.

Ragnar bent down and placed a hand on his sons shoulder. "Ivar, wipe that look off your face, whatever my fate may be, know that you need not worry. It is glory or Valhalla." Ragnar smiled making Ivar smile slightly.

Ivar lifted up his head and nodded for his father to go. "Go father," he said "and kill some Saxons."