Chapter 14: The Date

Chapter 14

The Date

"I have no choice, Sami," I said. "He is going to tell the police about what we did if I don't go!"

Sami shook her head as she rolled her fists. "No! I won't let you go!"

"And I won't let you get in trouble!" I blurted out. I stood up from my bed and walked towards her. "You're my best friend -no, not my best friend you're my sister! And I won't let you get in trouble."

Sami shook her head in defeat. Her face held all her worries. "I just - am sorry."

"You don't have to say sorry," I said softy. "Look we could still go through the plans. You could watch Elizabeth and I to Matt, so please don't think this is your fault because it's not."

Sami twisted her lips still unsure. "But this guy is a freak! Don't you remember what he did to you?!"

Memories surged up my mind of when he first attacked me in the girl's locker room, but I pushed them aside. "I know what he did to me and I'm very aware what he could do to me."

"And that is why I'm asking you to stop doing this!" She grabbed me by the shoulders with a worried face. Her wide brown eyes filled with concerned. I sighed wiggling myself free.

"Sami stop. I'm prepared for anything, as long" -I walked to the drawer, opened it and drew a pepper can out- "I have this." I showed her the small round cylinder can I had in my right hand.

Her expression soften a little. "I just want nothing terrible happen to you." She walked towards me and hugged me tightly. "Just please tell me everything when you get back." She smiled a calm smile.

"Okay," she sighed. "So when is Elizabeth going to show up?" She took a step back and sat on the corner of the bed. I found my shoes as I opened the closet. I sat down and put them on.

"Um, somewhere around now or later," I explained. "Just tell her I had something important to do." I got up and faced Sami seriously. She nodded once.

"Okay. What time is it?"

I looked at the watch beside the bed as it read: 8:37pm. Time to go.

"Okay, I'm ready." I sighed, long and heavy sighed. "I'll be back," I assured her. Her face was hard and emotionless, but her eyes didn't hide her worries.

I walked out of my bedroom, nervous within, but serious on the surface. I slowly descended from the stairs. "I can do this," I whispered to myself. I heard footstep behind me, I recognized them, Aaron.

I spun around. "Yeah?" He was hugging both his elbows with a weird grin on his face.

"Girl next door?" He chuckled.

I smiled without humor in them. "Yeah something like that." I reached for the doorknob. "Only this one, it wouldn't last long."

"Have fun," he teased, waving. I pulled open the front the door. A gust of strong air greeted me as I took a step outside into the dark night.

Waiting at the sidewalk leaning on a sleek navy blue mustang was Matt grinning wide, showing me his dimples. "Ready?" he asked happily. He extended his hand towards me. "Do you trust me?" His green eyes become gentle and hypnotic.

My hand moved on its own. Before I knew I had done I accepted his hand as he opened the passenger door. I sat down and he closed the door. He went around the side, opened the driver's door, lowered himself behind the wheel and grinned at me.

"Get ready for a night you won't forget," he said as he started the car. I took my eyes away from him as I looked up to my second window house. Sami was looking at me as she waved goodbye. Silently I took a gulp of air.

Matt pressed down on the gas pedal as soon I saw the house get small and smaller. But something inside me started to cry.

Little did I know the reason behind it, little did I know...