Valentines Day ( Owen )

I jolted upright as the covers were yanked off my body. My hands found their way to my eyes as I rubbed them trying to help better focus my vision. I groaned loudly as I blindly searched for the comforter, a loud huff escaped me and I gave up and wrapped my arms around my body to protect myself from the cold.

"Owen?" I called looking around the room as my eyes continued to adjust to the light. My body shifted off the bed and I slipped my feet into my slippers as my legs hung off the bed. I trudged downstairs like a zombie and made my way to the kitchen, my fingers trailed around the marble tile of the counter as I made my way towards Owen. "Good morning, love." I whispered as I wrapped my arms around his waist. I laid my head in the crook of his neck. He was making something on the stove, I leaned in more to see what is was and a grin spread across my face as i sa

"Good morning Y/N, today is a very special day!" He exclaimed. He turned his head so it met with mine and he planted his slightly chapped lips against mine. I pulled my lips away from his and let go of his waist, I hitched myself on top of the counter to sit and watch him cook.

"And why is that?" I popped a couple blueberries in my mouth that were sitting in a bowl next to the pancake batter. He swatted my hand away and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"It's valentine's day, you dummy." He said as he picked up the pancakes with the spatula, and set them onto the plates next to the stove. I crossed my arms and let out a huff, I didn't appreciate his name calling.

"Well duh," I jumped down off the counter and made my way to the refrigerator "but I was told we wouldn't be doing anything special." My eyes searched around for the orange juice, I pulled it out of the refrigerator and put it on the dining table.

"But you deserve special." The food looked delicious as he placed it down on the table. He really was the best, I wondered all the time how I got this lucky. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his sweet but cheesy line. "Okay babe, so after breakfast get changed in something comfortable, but not fancy."

My face was full of chewed pancake so I tilted my head and furrowed my brows, giving him a questioning look. It was now his turn to roll his eyes, he knew i hated surprises so it's his fault if i get irritated by his vagueness. I swallowed the food and washed it down with the orange juice, finally being able to speak. "Owen, I swear to god I will kill you if you're forcing me to see the new 50 shades of grey movie." I said as i pointed my fork at him. His rich laugh filled the room and filled my heart as well. It was something he'd do, but I doubted it.

"I swear that's not it, I think you're going to love this surprise." His hand crossed the table and met mine, his thumb gently rubbing my knuckle. I looked down at his hands then up into his eyes. His gaze met mine and our eyes locked, I sighed and looked away defeated.

"Fine." My hands ran through my hair, I thought of all the possibilities that the surprise could be but I took in a deep breath and decided to just trust my boyfriend.

"We've been in the car for two hours! Are we almost there? Please tell me where we're going, I have to pee so bad, Owen!" I was starting to grow impatient, but he loved it when i got all worked up. His smirk grew as I threw my hands up in defeat. "You're being a jerk, and on Valentines Day too." I tried to make the pouty face he always succumbs to, I turned over to him and even tried to jerk up a tear or two. Then he'd confess. But nothing, he wouldn't budge. Just as I was getting ready to jump out of the car, he pulled into a random driveway. "If you took me to a random hitman's house, then you're the best boyfriend ever." My smile grew as wide as I could force it. We walked up to the door together in silence but my hand found its way to his out of habit, even if I was frustrated with him, I couldn't be mad at him. He knocked on the door and we waited for a few seconds before the door opened. An older women opened the door and greeted Owen, just as I put my hand out to meet hers eight golden retriever puppies scurried over. My heart melted and I dropped to my knees as they all jumped at our feet. They jumped up to my face and licked all over me. I picked one up and handed it to Owen. "They're adorable!"

"Almost as adorable as you." The puppy licked his face and he planted a kiss on my cheek. "Lets go inside and pick one out." I nodded quickly and followed the women into her home. The puppies followed after us and she led us to her living room to properly play with them all. Owen fell in love with one that's one ear was bigger than the other, and I fell in love with it soon after. A few hours later we decided to name him Cupid.

"Happy valentines day Y/N." Owen said as we walked back to the car together with our new family member.

"Best surprise ever." I said making the puppy raise his paw to Owen.

word count (977)