Not On My Watch (Patrick Hockstetter)

Henry loved me. his little sister. Cherished me. So when I entered highschool right after him, he was incredible nervous. Highschool was rough, extremely rough, so he needed to cushion you from the troubles of Derry High.

What he had been most afraid of, was his friends. He didn’t want me around them and he didn’t want them around you. The rest of the gang was intent on meeting me, treating me like family…but Henry refused. No one was going to look at me in the wrong way or else there would be hell to pay.

He new very well his friends were creeps…but oh boy was Patrick more on the extreme side. He had to shield you, to hide you.

But unlike many times before, I  was home, when he brought the boys over to hand. Henry obviously recommended staying away, but I were obviously dying to understand why he was so protective.

I peeked out the window into the front yard where Belch’s car sat, eyes moving over to a log next to a shed where the boys had been sitting. I had been listening in as best you could.

“They felt really nice, dude.” Patrick spoke in pretentious voice, “Perfect actually.” Your brother shook his head, “ That’s a major hobby of yours isn’t it?” Patrick grinned, “May as well be.” Belch chimed in then, “If Henry wasn’t so paranoid, he’d be feelin’ up the ladies like he used to.” They all chuckled together. You frowned…this wasn’t new to you. You knew who my brother’s and his friends were…they weren’t great people.

“I’m gonna take a leak.”
Patrick spoke, changing the subject. He stood up, getting a nod from the guys before he walked off, coming up to the house. You always thought he was extremely cute, so your cheeks warmed and you grinned, “Y’know, I should go get something to eat.” I  spoke softly to yourself, leaving your room and going downstairs.

As I entered the kitchen, you were met with none other than the lanky and dark haired Patrick.

“Hey, y/n”

“Uh, hi Patrick!”

I waved at him with a cutesy smile on your face before heading to the fridge and opening it. Not even sure what you were looking for. I decided to take out a chilled sandwich that was wrapped in plastic.

“Can I have some?” Patrick glanced at the sandwich you held tightly, “Oh…sure!” I  said with a smile, unwrapping it gently. I could feel the space between the two of you heat up and you felt uneasy.

“No, Absolutely not.”

I jumped slightly when I  heard your brother’s voice from the doorway. Patrick looked back at him with raised brows, “What? We can’t share a sandwich?” Henry stomped over.

“Get out. Piss in the bushes, faggot.” Henry scolded, furious.

“Alright, alright, my bad.”

I glared at your brother as Patrick left, “What the hell, Henry?” Henry shook his head, “You know what.” He closed the fridge for you, tucking a strand of your hair behind my ear, “I don’t want you to talk to him.” I  pouted, “Why not?” He took my face in his hands gently, “Just don’t…don’t”

" Not On My Watch "

Woe count- 540