F O U R T Y - F I V E

45| M O U R N

THE FIVE SURVIVORS of the group are walking

THE FIVE SURVIVORS of the group are walking. Dean is walking ahead of the others. His face is a mask of numb grief and anger. As he walks, Dean keeps flashing back to his sibling's last moments in his head; Sam getting overpowered; Zen calling his name; the blood jetting out of their neck.

Maggie approaches Dean. "Dean? Um, about your friend...I'm so sorr—"

Dean turns and looks at her. He says nothing, but thinly veiled violence shows on his face, frightening Maggie who stutters to a stop. Dean turns away and continues walking. Cas and Gabriel catch up to Maggie. Cas puts a comforting hand on her back and they all continue walking.

Dean, Cas, Gabriel, Jeremiah and Maggie soon approached an area with a number of boards coated in sigils which have been nailed to trees.

"We must be getting close to Dayton. On the outskirts at least.", Maggie states.

Cas groans in pain, staggering. Maggie looks at him in concern. "I-I-I can't. This...warding is too strong.", Cas whimpers.

Dean stops a little ways apart to look at one of the wards. Gabriel goes over to one and draws his angel blade down the middle of the sigil. Then he places his other hand on the sigil and it begins to glow red. All of the sigils in the clearing are glowing red and being burnt away, including the one that Dean had been staring at. As they burn out, Cas gasps, able to move freely again. Gabriel returns to his side and suddenly a human fighter rushes from behind a tree, rifle pointed at the group. Cas holds up a hand.

"Whoa."

Dean cocks his gun, but only brings it up to his waist.

" Marcus! It's me! It's me.", Jeremiah states, making the man slowly drop his gun.

" Jeremiah?", Marcus questions with a confused look on his face, wondering what he was done ng with a bunch of strangers and two angels.

Cas clears his throat. We're just looking for—"

Mary Winchester appears beside the first human fighter. She had her gun out, but lowers it slightly when she sees and recognizes Cas.

Cas sees her and sends her a relieved smile. "Mary."

Dean turns to see his mother approach the angels and Maggie. She doesn't see him yet.

"Castiel?", she states before looking at the boy beside him. " Jeremiah? What are you—"

Mary stops and looks around for her sons. She sees Dean. He sees her with a somber look on his face. Mother and son walk towards each other. Mary is in awe.
Mary stared at him with a smile on her face. "How did you even find us?"