❆ Stormraven ❆

Waking up when the sun rises above the horizon, take a bath in the warm bathtub and put on the clothes, go to the training field and starts practicing with the soldiers.

Same routine everyday.

As time gone by, the sound of the wolves which are howling in the next valley became a melody to her. She's no longer scared of the sword which hits each other, and sometimes, the aiming of her bow became more and more easier.

She swings her sword back and forth as her body jump into the air, backflipping and landing gracefully as the sword pointed to her pair.

"You developted everyday." Her training mate said, clapping as he slowly slide himself out of her sword.

"I'm afraid not fast enough. I need to be more stronger than this." She replied, pushing the long weapon back into her hilt as her boots traveled the stone cold floor to the other way.

"Where are you going?" He asked, walking after her as she reached the stable and hurled herself onto her misty grey horse.

"I need to clear my head." She sighed and grabbed the rein, droving the elegant horse of hers out of the warm wooden place, heading to the cold snow covered surface.

"Please tell me you're not going to the Raven's Peaks." The soldier stopped her horse, sighing.

She paused, looking down to her faithful comrad and look to other way.

"I...I..." Her voice shooks a little bit, but much enough for the man to know the answer.

"You need to take some guards with you, it's too dangerous. Who knows if the wolves are h-" The soldier tried to convince her, but suddenly cutted off by the one who's sitting on the horse's back.

"I'm 16, not 10." She said smoothly, pulling the leather strap in her pale hand softly.

He sighed, turning his head upwards to look into those misty blue eyes.

"Just...promise you'll be back in time for the dinner."

She gave him a smile as her horse started to run.

"Tell my brother to spare me some soup."

ϟ

Since her mother was gone, her world turned upside down.

Elin was the first and only child of Birgit, queen of the Raven Mountains.

The night before the queen would gave birth to her, she dreamt of a raven, the symbol of her kingdom, with a ball of light in it's beak. The light was so bright that she cried and suddenly awoken by a painful feeling at her womb

She was born with a raven-like birthmark on her back.

When Elin reached the age of 5, she went out to play hide and seek in the forest with the other children.

During her hiding turn, the thunder starts roaring and lightnings glids the stormy sky. The kids went home thinking she had already gone back to the castle.

Of course, she's not. Elin hides herself in the forest for all night as the thunder strikes down the forest and took down the trees one by one.

Her mother found out that she's missing and went searching along with her guards for all night. She founded her when the morning comes, lying on the ground where the broken pieces of the oak tree surrounded and buried her.

No doubt, she climbed onto the tree to hide from the lightning and rain when the thunder strikes down at the oak tree she sat on.

Mother brought her limb, unconscious and injured body back, broken hearted, thinking that she would die.