❆ Friends ❆

Ivar look at her when she's walking out of the dungeon, Amdis' at her side, holding her softly.

Elin's hands are trembling, he noticed, even the moment she handed the silver sword which is stained with red blood from Hagen's throat to the tall boy next to her.

The one who's standing beside her took the weapon and pat her shoulder a few times, whispering something into her ears.

He doesn't like it when she's with someone who's not him.

"It was called jealousy, brother." The boneless boy flinched, recognising a voice speaking to him was his own brother...and most annoying one, Hvitserk.

"Don't look at me like that." His brother raised his hands up to his own head's height when he saw Ivar's blue eyes shot at him darkly that if it was a knife or a dagger, he would be perforated.

He sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Your eyes tell too much of emotions, Ivar." Hvitserk commented.

He didn't respond, but instead he turned back to the queen of the Raven Mountains.

Amdis is walking away, leaving her stood alone in the corridor.

"Well, she's alone now." His brother's annoying voice is speaking behind him.

Ivar turned his head back and look at Hvitserk with an 'and?' look.

The third son of Ragnar rolled his eyes and shot him a glare.

"From when did you became this silly, Ivar? I remember mother once said you are the most clever amongst us!"

"Sorry brother, I still don't get it."

"Go to her!" His brother hissed.

He doesn't know when did his hands started to drag him along the stone floor until he reached her cloak.

"Ivar." Elin gave him a faint smile.

"Elin." He smiled back and nodded a little bit.

A second later, he realised her hands were stained with some blood and gore, the red liquid is still flowing to her fingertips.

That is deginitely not Hagen's.

"You're hurt."

"Just a little bit." She shrugged her shoulders.

"There's some healing herbs in my chamber." He offered.

"That would be great." A smile spread across her beautiful face as she look down to her pale palm which is decorated with a paint of drying red blood.

Ivar took a glance at her hands, wondering what really happens in the dungeon.

Whatever did take place there, it's bad enough to make her eyes went red.

He crawled by her side, leading her to his chamber.

"Why isn't Amdis following you?" He asked as the tall boy who he believed to be her 'close friend'...or more than that, walking away to the opposite direction.

"Why should he?"

"Well...I thought you two were close."

Elin let out a laugh, so melodic like a bird in the summer that he almost stopped and forgot to breathe watching her.

"You don't think I would make my cousin a lover, don't you?"

Cousin?

The boneless boy couldn't help but release a sigh of relief.

They are not lovers, that's good to hear.

ϟ

"Thank you, Ivar." She said as he cleaned her hands by a wet cloth softly and put some crushed herbs on her wound.

"No problem."

Her hands were soft but strong, making him noticed she trained with weapons more than with a needle and thread.

Ivar wrapped a long piece of white fabric around her palm.

They are sitting on the age of his bed, side by side. That makes him feel nervous. No woman...even a slave...barely entered his room.

Without knowing, his strong palms held onto her hands and his fingers slowly touched her palm, feeling the pale skin under the fabric piece.

Under the candle light, he saw her face went red.

Her grey blue eyes gazed up and locked with his blue ones.

"I...I should get going." Elin finally murmured, turning her face away to stood up.

"No." Ivar doesn't know what has gotten into him, his mouth opened and interrupted her from leaving.

She quickly turned back.

"Stay." He said, almost in a begging manner.

They look into each other's eyes as a long silent starts to form, quietly and softly, his hand touched hers.

Their noses almost touches when Elin seems to knows herself again, she flinched back a little bit but still kept the distance, her eyes shimmered in the light as she stared into the last son of Ragnar's piercing eyes.

"We are friends." She whispered.

Ivar softly pressed his lips onto hers.

It was soft, warm and sweet...like honey. He realized he did enjoyed kissing her.

As the kiss goes by, the young queen's body seems to soften in his arms, her hand which is not held by him rested on his shoulder, while their hands which are hold together started to raised up and crossed each other's fingers to make a tighter grip.

He stopped when both of them are running out of breath.

Panting, he whispered.

"Do friends do this?"

Elin stunned for a few seconds, then she inhaled.

"No."

She kissed him back.

Gods, if this is a dream, woke him up now.