❆ Relationships ❆

Hagen tried his best not to let out a beg for his life and tremble to his knee.

"Sit." Amdis said coldly, pointing towards the chair after he dragged it all the way across the room and rest it in front of the old man's slightly shaking body.

He took a deep breath and start moving slowly, but maybe not enough in the boy's eyes.

"I say sit."

Hagen quickly slide down the wooden chair and found himself catching his own breath.

"My queen. I-"

"Don't." Elin held up her fingers, motioning him to shut his mouth up.

The young queen's feet in the leather shoes traced along the stone surface slowly, intensely, her blue eyes didn't look directly at him...or Amdis. Instead, it shots towards the walls.

"You...of all the people I think would never betray me." Her voice was full of disappointment.

"You...the last person in the world besides my aunt and my cousin that would want to kill my mother."

"My queen, t-there are some m-"

"Why?" She cut him off, turning her face to him directly, which gave him more uncomfortable feelings.

A silent burst out all over the dungeon.

"I asked you." Elin repeated, her heart is aching. It was breaking like a glass. Her tone full of pain, and her eyes full of tears.

"Why?"

A sudden silent spread all over the cold room.

"Queen Birgit was very beautiful, she was very attractive, you know?" Hagen finally said.

"Very few men who could laid an eye on her and turn away. That's why I came in to the court."

He fell in love with her mother.

Ah, she thinks the mystery is getting clearer and clearer.

"I work hard. Hard. Just to get your mother's attention. Nothing. She didn't even noticed how I devoted my life for her. I'm standing next to her, right there, when she kisses your father. And I think, why isn't it me?" He continued.

"So I wait and wait until he's dead. Until you were born. Then, I approached her, I tried to show her that I'm the only one who always stand by her side when no one is there for her. You know what your mother answered me?" He turned to her, gaving her a low, sad chuckle.

"She said, 'I really appriciate your feelings, Hagen. But we are just friends, I have a husband now, and also my little girl.' See? She rejected me with just a few sentences."

Gods. My dear Norns, what have you done to our destiny?

"So, I wait and wait patiently until she let her guard down and open her windows during nighttime. I sneaked into her chamber and stabbed her with the silver sword that I just ordered the blacksmith to make it a week ago."

"Birgit was so beautiful that night, Elin. She wears white nightgown, elegant and attractive, but it was too...normal...so I decorate it up with some red colours." Hagen let out a creepy, mad smile.

Elin inhaled deeply and closed her eyes, how disgusting.

Her nails dig into her palms so hard that she could feel some blood coming out from it and drips down to the ground.

"Sister..." Amdis came closer and pulled her in for a kiss on her temple.

She turned to Kerr, who's standing shockingly in the corner of the room.

"Go, tell Lagertha you are innocent. Went home to your family."

ϟ

"You want me to do it for you?" Her cousin asked, his jaws clenched vengefully as his deathly glare shot at Hagen who's tied to the chair.

"If you could." Elin nodded, moving out of the area.

"And untied him too. I want to see him fought, at least for his life."

The tall boy pulled out a sword from his hilt and throw it to her former assistant's feet. He took the silver sword on the table into his hand.

"My aunt will get paid." He said.

The young queen witnesses quietly as Hagen tried to lift up the sword he held and stopped Amdis' silver sword from slicing him in halves.

Her cousin snarled and strikes the weapon down to his enemy a few times, clearly playing with his victim.

Beads of sweats appears on the man's face as he looks more and more desperate to protect himself from a skilled and angry warrior.

Mother once told her not to enjoys the other's misfortunes.

It wouldn't be a sin if I found it amusing to see your murderor trembles in fear for death, right mother?

Hagen's sword was stroke out of his hand violently by Amdis, who stood tall and towering over the fallen and frightening man, raising the silver sword and injured him on his arms and legs.

Her former assistant's cries echoes in the room, then slowly turned into a silent sobs, his shirt soaked in blood for a few spots.

The tall boy raised his sword up, looking at her in an asking manner, ready to stabbed down and end the murderor of his aunt's life by a single motion from his sister.

Elin speaks nothing, her feet travels towards the man in a normal speed. Her pale hand softly ungripped Amdis' fingers and took the wooden handle into her own palm.

"Your shirt looks so dull." She stated simply.

"It's going to look more prettier with some more blood on your collar."

"Please, please, no."

She walked to his back and grabbed his chin from behind, forcing him to pushed his face upwards. He struggled like a wild animal, but her pale hand was as strong as a metal pliers.

Hagen let out a scream when the silver sword in her hand made it's way through his throat. Soon, his terrifying scream turned into a sound of blood which refluxes to his mouth and dripping through his throat.

His eyes rolled upwards as she let go of him, his limped body fell to the ground and twitched a few times before it would stops.

Mother, did you see it?

We avenged you.

It's all over.

Amdis wrapped his hand around her shaking shoulders and pulled her into a hug.

Elin sighed, letting her tears flow silently.

Lacuna ||ϟ|| Ivar the Bonelessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें