Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Keep Away

Kaito's POV:

I was ready for a scolding from Kakashi and Pakkun, but as soon as the two appeared before me at the park, so did Kohona's Elite of the Elite. The ANBU surrounded us, and announced that the Hokage, demanded our presence. It was when we entered her office did I want to turn tail. This was not a happy Hokage. She even had a scary guy with a scarred face standing beside her, hitting us with a stare that made me acknowledge quickly that this guy was not to be messed with. I was actually grateful for once, when the pug sat down next to me, and for the calm demeanor Kakashi was showing. It made me feel centered being near the two, and I just wished someone would just tell me why. However, at this moment I kept my attention on Lady Hokage. My ears were twitching like crazy trying to detect the shinobi that I knew were hidden from sight. I really missed my chakra at the moment.

"Do you know why I called you here?" Tsunuade asked, staring at the three of us. I said nothing and neither did Kakashi or Pakkun. So she continued. "One of the criminals made a deal."

I could feel my eyes widen at those words. I knew Master Riku wanted to clean out the rag tag group he and Aimi had built, but if one of them snitched, the question now was, what did the bastard say, that warranted the Hokage to send her finest out to bring me in.

"Its interesting the number of rogue shinobi's we have been catching in our village." She continued. "They seemed to gather around the Uchiha Compond and the streets of our market place. Some were even caught stalking Iruka Sensei. Now we know why, but maybe you would like to tell us Kaito." Her eyes locked onto me.

I didn't break eye contact, but Iwanted to. "Master Riku..... assigned them to hunt down the Ninetails Host .....and the last Uchiha." I answered slowly. I had enough experience with a Aimi and Master Riku to know to never break eye contact. Any hint of lying could bring disastrous consequence and I did not plan lying to this Hokage.

"Do know what is special about this prisoner?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"He pointed us straight to you. Apparently you have more insight than what we have first thought." She leaned forward. "I want you to think before I continue. You wear our village symbol around your neck. Yes, we have sealed your chakra, but we have also shown trust, by letting you roam without being on a leash. Kakashi seems to trust you enough to let you wander off." I noticed her eyes shift to Kakshi for a split second, before she continued speaking. "I'm going to give you one chance to prove my decision to keep you alive was not a mistake. What the hell is going on and where is our Forbidden Scroll?" She stood up as she asked the question, and I involuntarily took a step back.

"Wow....She's a scary lady." Heki's faceless form stood off to the side of the Hokages desk, before he faded away.

"Master Riku wants to clean out the group..... He knew that by targeting..... the Ninetails Host and the last Uchiha.... would cause you to catch the ones.... he had no use for anymore." I said, and surprisingly he felt better telling them Riku's plan.

"So we have over twenty-five, E to D-class shinobi's in our cells right now, because this Riku is using our village to clean house?!" Tsunade clarified angrily.

I nodded. "If you have twenty-five of them,.... then you basically have them all by now..... Riku would have already sent those ....he wished to keep, away from this village."

"But our thief problems are not over yet." She stated. "Where is this Riku hiding?"

"I....don't know....I just know he wanted you to capture.... the loose ends in the group." I admitted. I was going to tell them that Master Riku also ordered him to find a way to kill Kakashi, but thought better of it. Best not say something that would make them think better about me being kept alive. Besides, I have a feeling that I would not want to kill Kakashi after all this was over. It wouldn't be the first time I disobeyed Aimi or Master Riku. I wanted to tell them about the Forbidden Scroll that we had stolen, but then that would be admitting that I had told them another lie as soon as I was brought here. Plus, I wasn't so sure how they would respond if they knew that I actually did know where it was.