Love

Lucy Heartfelia trudged through the empty streets of magnolia sluggishly.

"You okay Lucy? Ever since Juvia gave you a message from Natsu you've been acting kinda quiet...'' A certain blue cat stated sadly.

Ever since the fire mage had left Fairy Tail, Happy started to live with Lucy. After all the exceed wasn't used to living alone. The blonde haired woman turned her head, giving Happy a forced smile, accompanied by sad eyes. "Yeah, sorry to worry you... but I'm fine.''

Pretty much everyone else in the guild tried to ignore the fact that Natsu was gone, which was hard for Lucy. Natsu was the one who had brought her to Fairy Tail, and the one person she bonded most with, even fell in love with... but as soon as she realised that it was too late.

She raised her head up, as both herself and Happy had made it back to her apartment.

However, she gasped as she saw the door wide open.

The blue cat instinctively jumped up in defence. "Has someone broken in?''

"I don't know.... lets go check it out...''

Both mages went up the stairs as quietly as possible, despite the creaking of the wooden warn-out steps underneath their heels causing a load racket.

As soon as they slammed open the door to her lit up apartment; the blonde didn't hesitate to shout ''ALL RIGHT! SHOW YOURSELF WHOEVER YOU ARE!''

"Nice to see you again too...''

Brown eyes shot open as she hesitantly looked down at the floor, where a sarcastic toned fire mage just happened to be sitting.

"N-Natsu?'' She gasped, as Happy ran past her instantly, crying.

"I MISSED YOU NATSSUUU!'' The blue cat exclaimed; jumping into the pinkette's arms, who smiled fondly down at him.

"I missed ya too buddy.''

He looked back up to the gawking Lucy, shooting her his signature grin. "Hey; its been a while Luce.''

The celestial mage wiped away some faint tears quickly, smiling softly. "Its only been a couple of days...'' She replied, chuckling under her shaky breath. "How are things at Sabertooth?'' She added, changing her tone of voice to a glum state.

"About that...''

• • • • • • •

Natsu sat cross-legged on Lucy's floor; waiting patiently for her to return like a well trained puppy, and Happy followed suit.

She walked back in with a tray, crouching down to give the fire mage a mug of hot chocolate.

"Its been horrible, Natsu...'' Happy piped up, sounding genuinely disturbed. "Lucy is so bossy to live with, and she only gave me one fishie a day!'' He stated, pointing an accusing finger at her.

"Is that so?'' Natsu inquired, not looking surprised as he glugged down the beverage.

"THAT CAT IS SO FULL OF CRAP!'' Lucy whined. "And it was three fish a day!'' She said defensively, which was followed by a pout as Natsu started to laugh hysterically. "By the way, Natsu-''

"Hm?'' He asked, turning his head to the latter mage in question.

"Why did Sting let you leave Sabertooth? Is he gonna take back the money he gave us now that we've left?''

The pinkette pondered for a while, clutching his scarf. "I don't think so... he's not like that...''

This drew Happy's attention almost instantly. "What is he like then? He seemed real keen on having you in his guild, even though he was such a big meanie to you beforehand!''