Beware Greek's Baring Gifts

A few days prior to the meeting in Hog's Head…

Violet light flashed inside a cave, deep in the Underworld. A terrifying monster had risen from the pit, dark wings and one hand of sharp claws flashing.

Mesperyian was back.

~

Nico stared at the notice in the Great Hall in disbelief.

The High Inquisitor of Hogwarts

All Student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded.

An Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).

No Student Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed:

Dolores Jane Umbridge

HIGH INQUISITOR

The Golden Trio came up behind him. Ron was yelling.

"You did this! Di Angelo ratted us out to Umbridge!"

Hermione frowned. "He couldn't have - if he did, he'd be in the infirmary right now!"

"I would?" Nico looked at her in mild interest.

"Well - yes, er - I may have cursed the sign-up sheet, sorry, but -"

"Smart of you." He nodded. "But if no one in our group informed Umbridge of this, who did?"

None of them had any answer to that.

The rest of the students soon filed in for breakfast. A loud chatter came up as they all noticed the - well, notice.

"Look at that!"

"D'you reckon she knows?"

"What are we going to do?"

Nico slumped onto a seat at the Slytherin table. Just when things were going right… He picked at his food, not wanting to eat. Suddenly, a piece of toast was stuffed into his mouth.

"Mmphg!"

Will stood over him, a smirk on his face. "Gotta eat, di Angelo. I'll get you on a healthier diet if it's the last thing I do."

"Better not be," muttered Nico, "'Cause that'd be a rather sad life."

Will just rolled his eyes and pushed Nico over, sitting down next to him; oblivious to the glares of the Slytherin house.

"So," he said, "What's the deal with Umbridge? How'd she figure it out?"

"Dunno. But it couldn't have been one of our group; Hermione cursed the sign up sheet. None of us can spill without something horrible happening."

"What?" Will looked shocked.

"Get used to it, Solace. It's called magic." Nico smirked at the look on his face. Will grunted.

"Hmph. Come on, Sunshine - it's time for History of Magic. And no, you're not going to skip that class, Ghost King or not - not on my watch."