If You'll Have Me...

John Watson looked himself over once more in the mirror. "I'm telling you, it isn't straight," he said as he adjusted the yellow tie around his neck. "And don't say it," he warned, glancing back at the man behind him.

Greg cracked a wide grin and shrugged. "I dunno what you're talking about. I wasn't going to say anything."

John rolled his eyes and looked back at the mirror. "I feel like I could vomit. That's normal, right? Everyone feels like that on their wedding day, don't they?"

"I mean, I did. But I think mine was God telling me I was making a huge mistake."

John let out a fake laugh. "Funny. You're a real funny man, Greg."

He shrugged. "Just comes naturally... are you ready?"

John looked over himself again. His nearly silver hair had been combed back and styled, and he had gotten his face professionally shaved the day before, much to Sherlock's delight. He smoothed his hands over the jet black tux and adjusted his tie one more time. "I'm ready."

Greg smiled and clapped his hand on John's shoulder. "Then let's get out there."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John and Greg waited at the altar, John nervously bouncing on the balls of his feet. They had picked a simple location and invited just the small handful of people that would actually want to attend. Mrs Hudson and Mrs Holmes were sitting together and talking, both of them looking like they could cry. Molly and Mr Holmes seemed to be engaged in a very intense conversation about, what John could only assume, was either cats or death. He hoped it was cats. Greg glanced at Mycroft who stood behind where Sherlock would soon join them and smiled just a bit, giving him a little wave. Mycroft blushed a little and looked out the window. John smirked just a bit. "Greg, what was that?"

"Me being amicable to your future brother-in-law."

"Mmmmmhmm."

"Look I-"

The music slowly began to play and Sherlock burst through the doors, hurrying up to the altar. "No no no, we talked about this, no music. I don't walk to music."

"Oh hello. Nice of you to join us," John laughed. "You look dashing. Welcome to our wedding."

Sherlock looked over and blushed. "Making a scene?"

"Bit of one, yea."

He gave a small nod. "Sorry. You look nice as well... your tie isn't straight."

"I know."

"You should straighten it."

"I've tried."

Sherlock reached over and adjusted it. "I think I made it worse."

"Thank you. Can we start?"

Sherlock nodded. "Yes of course."

The officiant looked at them and nodded. "Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of John Hamish Watson and William Sherlock Scott Holmes in marriage. In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husbands. May you always-"

"No, we don't need the reading," Sherlock murmured.

"Sherlock," John sighed. "Can we please just-"

"I want to marry you, and all these words are just extending the process."

John smiled a bit and glanced at the officiant, giving a bit of a shrug. "I have to agree. Would you mind?"

He smiled a bit. "You already paid me. I'll do whatever you want."

"Perfect," Sherlock nodded. "I would like to skip to the vows. We wrote our own so you don't need to prompt us."

"Shall we flip a coin to decide who goes first?"

"Well that seems rather unprofessional and childish," Sherlock said with a slightly furrowed brow.

"Sherlock, he was joking," John said with a small sigh.

"Right... anyway, you can go first."

John smiled awkwardly and gave a small nod, taking Sherlock's hands in his. "Sherlock Holmes... from the day I met you, I knew there was something spectacular about you. The way you knew so much about me, how you made me feel... well, alive again. I couldn't imagine not spending my life with you. I want to make you feel like the most wonderful man in the world because to me, you are. You're brilliant and funny, and your handsomeness is just an added bonus," he teased with a cheeky wink. "I know we will fight, and we won't always see eye to eye on things, but I know we'll be fine. I mean, we've made it this far and haven't killed each other yet," he said with a little smile. "I love you, and if you'll take me, I'd love to make you mine."

Sherlock bit his lip and gave a small nod. "Yes," he whispered. "I'd love that."

John smiled and slipped Sherlock's ring onto his hand.

Sherlock cleared his throat. "Guess it's my go... I um... I hope you don't mind. I have note cards, I... wanted to make sure I did this perfectly." He reached in his breast pocket and pulled out the cards and glanced down. "My dearest John... you are the bravest, kindest, and wisest man I have ever had the good fortune of knowing. I have been, for lack of a better term, blessed by your warmth and compassion over the few years we have known each other. I never imagined you would ever consider spending your life with me, let alone act on that consideration. Every moment I spend with you makes me realize how foolish I was in my youth to try to throw my life away to drugs. You've helped me enjoy a world without constantly being high, without wanting to not have my wits about me. Going off script a bit here, but like you so elegantly said before, I feel so alive when I'm with you. I am, without a doubt, the luckiest man in the world to be marrying you. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you, John Hamish Watson. So, if you'll have me...." He looked up at John, immediately frowning when he saw tears in John's eyes. He looked around at everyone and noticed them also tearing up. "John," he said nervously. "Did I do it wrong?"

"God no," he whispered. "Come here," he whispered, pulling him down for a deep kiss.

Sherlock kissed back, pulling away a moment later. "I thought that was meant to come later," he whispered. "Isn't that the conventional way?"

"When have we ever been conventional?" he smirked before pulling away. "I love you. Yes, I will have you."

Sherlock smiled and slid the ring on John's finger.

The officiant smiled. "Well, I guess we got the kiss out of the way, so... I'm happy to present to you, Misters Sherlock and John Watson-Holmes."

John smiled and couldn't help pulling Sherlock down for one more kiss as their small audience stood and clapped.

Sherlock broke the kiss with a beaming smile, his forehead pressed against John's. "My husband," he whispered.

"You were my husband first," John teased.

Sherlock chuckled. "Suppose so. Your last name is first."

John smiled warmly. "Indeed it is. Now let's get back to Baker Street for the reception. I think I owe you a dance."

Sherlock's entire face lit up. "Really? You learned to dance?"

John grinned. "Why don't we go and find out."

Sherlock smiled harder and took John's hand as they made their way outside, heading home and becoming the second set of "married ones" on Baker Street.