"Shit, shit, shit."

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER! I REPEAT, THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER!!!

[Corinna]

I bring my hood up as I peer over the closet door I'm currently hiding behind. Holding my breath, I watch as Coulson and May walk down the hall as they discuss how someone on the team is being held hostage by Grant Ward. I resist the urge to groan as I hear his name. That fucking traitor.

Bringing my attention back to what's going on in front of me, I see that the pair have made their way down the hall. I slowly open the door and step out cautiously, looking around to make sure the coast is clear. Pulling down on my hood up so that it conceals part of my forehead as well, I jog towards the end of the hall where the interrogation and holding rooms are located.

Just as I reach the door that leads to the various interrogation and holding rooms, a familiar man emerges from the door. I freeze as I stare at him in alarm.

Shit, shit, shit.

"Corinna? What are you doing here?" The small British man asks suspiciously.

"Uh, I need to talk to Jay." I reply immediately, deciding that telling the truth is the best way to go.

He observes me warily, "Aren't you supposed to be in the hospital? Does Coulson know you're here?"

I nod my head quickly.

"Yes, he does. In fact, I asked him if I can talk to Jay and he said yes." I lie, deciding to ditch my idea of telling the truth.

"Yeah, you're not fooling anyone, love." Hunter responds as he crosses his arms over his chest.

My innocent demeanor transforms into an intimidating one as I take step towards the short man, my patience wearing thin. My eyes turn into slivers as I clench my hands into fists by my sides.

"Listen you little British punk; I'm here on some serious business and if you decide to hold me back, I won't hesitate to knock your tea drinking ass out. Got it?" I ask, my voice dripping with venom.

Hunter visibly swallows but his gaze remains unwavering as he brings his hands up defensively. He takes a step back and puts his thumb on the fingerprint scanner, which unlocks the door he just walked out of. He wordlessly opens it and gestures for me to walk in. Giving him one last glare, I walk past him through the door.

Stepping into the dull, grey hallway, I hear a pair of feet shuffle behind me. I turn to face Hunter with a raised brow.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"You need a retinal scan to enter Jay's room." He replies as he walks past me. "And since you're not in the system, I decided to be a gentleman and give you entry to his room."

I look at his retreating figure before I begrudgingly follow him with a sigh. He stops at the last door in the hall and enters a code into the keypad. The keypad splits in half, a small camera emerges from the center of it. Hunter bends down so that the camera can scan his eye before I hear the distinct click of a door. I step past him and slide the thick metal door to the side, which displays Jay pacing back and forth in his room.

"There's a transparent electrical field up, so don't get too close." Hunter warns as I step inside. I turn to face him and nod my head.

"Thanks and sorry for being a bitch before."

"It's alright, I'm used to it anyway." He replies with a shrug. I frown at him, wanting to ask him what he meant, but he gives me a two-finger salute before turning around.