Chapter 26: Dreading Reality

[a/n: not edited]

Recap:

"Accept defeat, King. My men can easily take yours down, considering your number."

"Tsk. . .tsk. . .tsk. . .why do you always underestimate me?" taunted Mason as he smirked.

Quinn's eyes narrowed as loaded his gun, "What the hell do you mean?"

Yeah, what is going on, Mason? Who are you?

"Now why would I tell you that?"

"Maybe because you want to save your brother, Mason," came an all to familiar voice and all heads turned towards the doorway.

Mason and I looked shocked to see Carl struggling in the hands of two men. But what shocked us more was the person standing in front of them.

"Joanna?"

●•♡•●

🍒Angela🍒

It happened so fast. The scenario changed before I could even say 'what'.

Carl was holding both Quinn's men, who were holding him, on gunpoint and Mason shot his men at right side. More of the men came in the room and surrounded Quinn's men.

Was it the plan all along? I could congratulate Mason on his great thinking.

Bullets were shot here and there. Two of Mason's men were shot in the leg but there was still a number of them surrounding Quinn's men.

As I had previously mentioned: it was a chaos!

All the loud noises were making my ears bleed.

Currently, I was behind Mason, where he'd pulled me.

Everything was going as Mason's team was winning but the situation changed in a moment when someone grabbed me from behind, putting me on the gunpoint.

My breath hitched. Not because I feared for my life. But because I didn't want us to lose. Me being on gunpoint could cause us to lose.

And that is exactly what happened.

"Angela no! Don't hurt her, Klaide!" shouted Mason.

"Then drop your gun down pretty boy," said Klaide, calmly, pressing the cold metal against my skin more.

"Don't play games, leave her!" Carl exclaimed as he came forward but stopped when he heard Klaide speak.

"Come forward and I won't hesitate to shoot her."

He gritted his teeth as Mason's eyes glazed with anger. "Leave her, don't get her involved in this sh*t!"

"Why? You love her?" Quinn said as he came forward.

"Yes," he answered, causing me to gasp.

Did he just accept it? Did he really...?

Oh my, God!

Even though, he didn't tell me that directly.

"So, let's just go this way. Give and Take. Either I kill your precious lover, or your brother--"

"Never!"

"--or I kill you." Quinn ended, causing me to gasp.

He gave us no choice. I glanced at Mason and Carl's faces. They both had their jaw set tight and uttered at the same time, "Kill me."