Cold shoulder

Emily's POVYou would think after surviving a poison attack I would be able to take a break from work

Emily's POV
You would think after surviving a poison attack I would be able to take a break from work... however Dr. Wells had other ideas. While the team "assisted" Barry with his multitasking by playing ping-pong, operation, and chess, I did some more legal work.. yay.

Not to mention the awkward tension between Dr. Wells and I after I confessed my liking to him and he's just been giving me the cold shoulder. I tried to shrug off the hurt during work but at home I would sulk and eat ice cream thankfully Caitlyn didn't mind, she would never pass up watching chick flicks with me.

"Armed robbery at 4th and Collins!" Cisco yelled as a small beeping was going off. "For the record I crushed it in operation and ping pong." Barry said speeding out.

I walked over to Dr. Wells dropping the stack of papers in front of him. "I finished all the paper work for today so if there isn't anything else, I'm going home." He remained quiet while looking at me.. "um ok bye Dr. Wells" he grabbed my wrist stopping me from leaving. "Look Emily" he said looking to see if Cisco and Caitlyn were paying attention, "I'm sorry I've had a lot on my mind, I didn't know how to react when you told me how you felt about me." He took off his glasses and rubbed his temple, "if you still feel the same I would like to take you out to dinner." He moved his hand down from my wrist and held my hand. I couldn't stay mad at him and why should I have been mad I did just spring it on him so fast. "I would love to Harrison." I said smiling. He smiled back putting on his glasses, "I have more work for you to do.. just because I want you to stay." He winked as I glared at him "hmm I'll get right on it Dr. Wells" as he handed me the newly stacked papers.

-Time Skip-
Barry walks in "and this is where my team monitors the police bands for criminal activities."
I see Felicity walking in behind him, "I know I hacked into it a few times" She said proudly.. "rude" Cisco said.
I ran towards her "FELICITY!!" yelling at the top of my lungs with my arms out as soon as she saw me she lit up, yelling my name louder than I yelled hers, "EMILYYYYY!" We hugged each other so tight. I loved Felicity, despite my brother and I's depressing past she was always there for us being the light in our dull lives.

"How's the Arrow?" I asked. She smiled nervously, "he misses you! He would have called but he's so busy." I rolled my eyes "yea yea whatever."
"Wait.. Em you know the Arrow?" Cisco asked excitedly. I looked at him wide eyes "um no but Felicity works for him and I'm such a big fan!" Barry and Felicity chuckled at my failed explanation. Barry patted me on the shoulder "nice try."

"Welcome Miss Smoak." We all turned and saw Harrison enter. Her eyes lit up as she saw him and he never lowered his gaze on her. There was a small tug on my chest as I watched their interaction.
"Dr. Wells... the Dr. Wells." Oh god now she was fan girling. He chuckled.. "please call me Harrison..Felicity" wait what??? She could call him Harrison in front of the team but I had to stick with Dr. Wells.. now I was getting angry.
"You know who I am?" She said completely shocked.
His smile never leaving his face, "ranked 2nd in the national informative technology competition at age 19, graduated top in your class from MIT with Masters degree in cyber security and computer sciences, I know who you are. I keep an eye out for promising talent, in scientific fields is what brought me Cisco, Caitlyn.." he skipped over me and looked directly at Felicity.. my heart dropped to my stomach, I felt jealous, angry and hurt. He continued talking his bull shit taking off his glasses, "and I saw great things from you." Wow it felt like someone stabbed a knife through my heart.