Chapter XVII, Part II

The truth was this: Jackie Gordon knew everything. He knew about Briargate, he knew about the gifted, and he knew far more than he cared to. He just hadn't known it soon enough. It was much too late now. And now everything that was happening in Clearwater was his fault. He never should have left Sarah in the library that night.

He'd seen Clifford Dent around town. It was like the whole investigation had started over. Officer Dent was rechecking every lead, revisiting every person of interest, leaving no stone re-unturned. Perhaps with more dedication than the first time around. Jackie didn't think he'd squeeze by this time. It had to come out eventually.

Don't tell.

He hadn't told anyone. All this time and he hadn't told a soul. But some things talked a whole lot louder than he did.

He wondered who would find him first: Officer Dent, or someone worse.

***All right, I'm posting this tiny little tidbit with a disclaimer: take everything you read pertaining to Jackie Gordon with a grain of salt. I may be revamping his bits at some point in time (I have some decisions to make still), so just bear in mind that what you have read may change, perhaps drastically. And, as always, thanks to those who voted and commented :)***