5. Land Of Destiny

It was dark and stormy night, winds blowing, wolves howling and waves rising to their highest level. But Blair was adamant on changing her destiny; she wasn't the type to give up so soon. She was alone in the boat, so she had no choice but to row it alone. After some time, she decided to rest for a while. As she lay down, drowning in to depths of her wildest fantasies; a huge wave appeared out of nowhere and shoved her from the boat. She was unable to bear the pressure and passed out the very instant.

Blinking her eyes and adjusting to the brightness of the day, she rose up and dusted off her clothes. The last thing she remembered was drowning the sea. 'I don't even know how to swim! Then how come I'm alive?' she wondered aloud. She looked up to the scene in front of her and admired its beauty. Luscious green trees, cold-blue sky, pleasant air, pastel coloured flowers, vibrant rainbow and what not! She smiled broadly forgetting all worries, desires; this place was more beautiful than she had imagined.

As she was taking in the beautiful scene unleashing in front of her, something caught her eye. There was a bright light shining at the distance. She grew curious and walked to the source of light. To her wonder, in the middle of the forest laid a huge golden book, encrusted with diamonds and pearls, on it was written 'The book of Destiny'. She blinked her eyes, rubbed her face and pinched her cheek, 'This means I've come to my destination at last' she said gleefully. 'But...I don't know why, but something doesn't seem right! Everyone was saying that no one ever returned back from here. How couldn't they? The path to this island is not difficult at all. Maybe they were all lying' she thought.

She opened the book anyway. For what seemed like a decade, she finally found her name on one page. She was astonished to find it blank. She scanned the huge golden pages again and again, everything in vain. Blair was tired and decided to close the book. But something caught her eye, she turned to her page again. There was something written at the bottom.

She read it aloud,

'YOUR FUTURE WILL SHAPE,

BY THE CHOICES YOU MAKE!'

She was devastated, panic lines visible on her face. She understood why no one ever returned to their home lands. 'How could they return when they neither earned a single penny nor changed their destiny? If I return back, guards will catch hold of me and people will make fun of me. This time...this time I'm completely stuck, I can't even use blue magic to make people forget about it (as it's been a whole day and blue magic can be used only up to 30 minutes).

If only I hadn't wasted one whole day in this unfortunate journey, I would have saved my family somehow' she cried.

What is the use of crying now?

---------THE END--------

How was the story?

Did you like it?

Do share your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

~Rise & Slay ;)

-pearlion_