Chapter 2

Third Person POV

"YEAH!!"

The scenery around the two friends is a boundless sky. Vast. Clear. Crisp. A black speck could be seen rocketing across the horizon. The freedom of flight and going as far as the eye could see captured both rider and dragon, taking them away and further and further into the clouds and sky. Tucked into his riding position, Hiccup held tightly onto Toothless' gear as they raced through the air. They dipped, rolled, and dived over a sea filled with Thunderdrums, pulling off daring maneuvers with such expertise that it made each trick look effortless. 

The two of them headed upward, flying through the clouds and tumbling together. They spun and Hiccup stretched out his arms as they joined the Timberjacks that were all flying together in their own formation. The sun was glowing and every single view was breathtaking. Soon enough, Hiccup had an idea and spoke through his mask to his dragon.

"What do you think, bud? Wanna give this another shot?" Toothless knew what trick he was implying and grumbled a bit in protest, not exactly looking forward to it. "Toothless! It'll be fine." Hiccup reassured. 

Hiccup unhooked himself from the saddle and loosened his body a bit. "Ready?" Toothless grunted and Hiccup leaned to the side, slipping off of Toothless and going into a dive with the dragon following after him. "OOOOOOHH! YEAH!!" Hiccup cheered as they both went into a dive together. He looked at his dragon beside him with a smile mostly hidden behind his mask, but still recognizable thanks to his eyes. Toothless smiled back at him, his tongue hanging out as well. They both turned their attention back downward. 

Once the ocean was in view, Hiccup pulled his flight-suit wings out and Toothless opened up his wings as well. The two of them glided together, Hiccup cheering and yelling happily as they did. Toothless fired three shots and Hiccup glided over them. "This is amazing!" He shouted, but then towers of rocks came into view. "No longer amazing. TOOTHLESS!!" His dragon struggled to catch up with him, having to fire a shot at the rocks to save Hiccup in time. He wrapped his wings and body around his rider and the two bounced off trees on the island they crashed at. 

They tumbled sloppily onto a small cliff overlook. Once safe, Toothless unwrapped his body from around Hiccup and they both got up. Toothless looked like he was in a bit of pain from their small adventure, but he shook it off. 

"Hoo! That one really came out of nowhere!" Hiccup exclaimed. They both turned and the rocks Toothless blasted fell, collapsing into the ocean. Toothless grumbled a bit, blaming Hiccup for their tumble, but Hiccup kept talking as he put his suit away. "We really need to work on your solo-gliding there, bud. That, uh, locked up tail makes for some pretty sloppy rescue maneuvers, ey?" He said before taking off his mask and looking out at the place before them. "Wow. Looks like we found another one, bud." 

Toothless, still mad at Hiccup, tossed a stone that hit the back of his neck. Hiccup finally noticed his friend's frustration with him. "Oh, what? Do you want an apology?" Toothless snapped a grumble at him. "Is that why you're pouting, big baby boo?" Toothless made a few noises, pretending to blab like Hiccup does while looking unamused. "Well...try this on!" Hiccup latched onto Toothless, pushing against him in an attempt to tackle him. "Ya feeling it yet? Huh? Picking up on all of my heartfelt remorse?" He asked while Toothless just sat there, still unamused. 

He stood up and two legs, taking Hiccup with him. He began to waddle over to the edge of the cliff. "Oh, come on. You wouldn't hurt a one-legged-AHH!" Hiccup shrieked and clung tighter to his friend. Toothless laughed in his own dragon way at him. "You're right! You're right! You win! You win!" 

Toothless flopped backward, taking Hiccup with him once again. "He's down! And it's ugly! Dragons and Vikings, enemies again, locked in combat to the bitter-GAAW!" Toothless batted playfully at Hiccup before laying on top of him, pinning him down. Toothless began to lick his human friend and Hiccup yelled in protest, squirming out from under his dragon. "You KNOW that doesn't wash out." He snapped slightly, shaking the spit off. Toothless laughed at him, but Hiccup replied to his amusement by flicking some of his own spit back into the dragon's face.