42 | More Than The Universe

It is a relief to be back in Australia after a very testing but rewarding eighteen days on the opposite side of the world, especially since the last few days were impossibly more difficult to get through with Harry being in New Zealand

It is a relief to be back in Australia after a very testing but rewarding eighteen days on the opposite side of the world, especially since the last few days were impossibly more difficult to get through with Harry being in New Zealand. This meant another time zone change between us but the whole duration of time apart was tough. Texts were our main form of communication and they were often scattered which was frustrating at times. The times we did manage to fit in a phone call each other kept us going, and being busy with work somewhat helped ease the ache of missing each other so terribly.

By the time my flight touched down in Melbourne I was emotionally and physically exhausted. As soon as my body hit the soft and inviting duvet of the bed in Harry's hotel room, I was out cold. I had no idea what time it was when I got there and I had no clue as to where Harry was. What I do remember is him joining me on his bed at some point, holding onto me like I was going to disappear at any moment, and I fell asleep in relief knowing he was with me.

It was fortunate that I arrived at a time when the boys had a couple of days between shows, so I could catch on on sleep and rid myself myself of jet leg without missing out on too much. Days off from shows are usually spent recharging and partaking in other work commitment such as interviews, and I know that it was Niall and Harry's turn to go to a few.

After sleeping for a majority of the last two days, I feel somewhat climatized now and back to my usual self. I don't think I have ever been that exhausted in my life so far. All that mattered is I was back where I felt most at home; by Harry's side.

My time in L.A was a great learning experience and opportunity to network alongside Julian and John with other songwriters and producers in their circles. I spent a great deal of time in the studio with Julian and the Fifth Harmony girls as they were finishing up on their EP, and in writing sessions with John, other artists and writers.

I was equal parts pleasantly surprised, flattered and in shock that Camila knew who I was when I entered the studio on the first day, but I was glad she moved on from my connection to Harry quite quickly. After all, the world doesn't know we're dating yet, and in a professional sense, I want to make a name for myself by myself. The last thing I want to do is use my connection to Harry.