Team Bonding

Kakashi observed his genin team sitting in front of him. His jonin senses were screaming at him that something wrong with the picture in front of him, but for the life of him, he couldn't figure out what it was.

The three genin were behaving exactly as they should- Sakura was mooning over Sasuke and glaring at Naruto, Naruto was trying to impress Sakura and scowling at Sasuke and Sasuke was brooding.

"Why don't you all introduce yourself?"

"What's the point? You've already read our files and we've already acquainted ourselves with each over time you generously gave us." Sasuke bit out.

"You three don't know about me?" Kakashi countered.

"Were you going to tell us?" Sasuke shot back.

He had a point there. But he couldn't let a genin win, could he?

"I might have. Now you have lost your team vital information for the genin test tomorrow."

He waited for the gasps but only got them form Naruto and Sakura, while Sasuke looked coolly at him and said, "My father had told me about you in a lot of detail. I can pass the information to them."

Ah, of course Fugaku would have told him about 'the sharingan thief'.

"What are you talking about sensei? What test?" Naruto shouted.

Kakashi took immense glee in informing them about the real genin and the failure rates. Relishing in their gasps, he told them not to eat breakfast tomorrow and pretended to leave in a shunshin.

He was surprised the 'antisocial and loner' Uchiha take charge and take the other two to Uchiha training grounds for team training.

Sakura happily followed Sasuke and Naruto grumbled all the way. On reaching their destination, Sasuke told Sakura to work on the tree walking exercise, which was less surprising than Sakura master it on the first try. Sasuke took it in a stride and told Sakura to keep doing it to increase her chakra reserves.

Then he turned his attention to Naruto and asked him for a spar. Naruto accepted with a vigor and made ten shadow clones to attack Sasuke, which he dispelled with ease. But Kakashi noticed something unusual about the dispelling strikes. They were aimed at the largest holes of Naruto's defense. Following this, Naruto took care to cover those areas and Sasuke proceeded to dismantle his next worst defenses. Naruto thought it to be an actual spar, but it was obvious to Kakashi's eyes. Sasuke was correcting Naruto's Taijutsu and apparently knew the secret of the shadow clone technique.

This behavior was complete opposite he had expected of Sasuke after reading his file. He was worried about an impersonator before he caught Sasuke looking at Naruto, the way he distinctly remembered Obito looking at Rin.

Holy shit.

Uchiha Sasuke had a crush on his sensei's son.