2

While he was alive, Zexian's father was a very successful business man and had a fortune of 160 million dollars, excluding physical items (houses, jewelries...etc). So when he passed, since he felt guilt towards Zexian and Zexian was his only biological child, he left the main mansion (worth at least 50 million) and 110 million in Zexian's name. 30 million along with his collection of watches (worth at least 15 million) and his condo (worth another 5 million) was left to his wife, Feng Minan. 15 million and his country house (worth 3 million) was given to his step-daughter, Feng Alexa. The remaining 5 million was donated to the orphanage that Zexian grew up in.

In the first life, since both Minan and Alexa acted content with the will, Zexian had believed that everyone was okay with it. However, now that he thought about it, shortly after the inheritance was settled. His stepmother, Minan, brought in her younger sister and younger sister's whole family. Minan had claimed that now that Zexian's father was gone, she felt too lonely and heartbroken. Since her sister had nowhere else to go and since they were all family, she wanted to bring them into the main mansion. Of course, since Zexian thought that Minan and Alexa were his family and the mansion had many empty rooms, he had no objection to the request.

However, shortly after the arrival of Riby (Minan's younger sister) and her family of 3 (husband, daughter, and son), Minan brought up the financial concerns that her younger sister faced. Like most people, since Riby was only the sister of Minan, Zexian was of course wary of her, and did not want to lend her any money. However, after seeing Minan cry and promise the heaven that no matter what, she will definitely pay Zexian back when she has the funds, Zexian loaned Ruby 5 million dollars without a receipt.

Continuing from there, many other instances of Zexian being tricked into giving away his inheritance followed. In a moment of stupidity, Zexian even signed a credit card for Alexa, and each month, Alexa would, without fail, max the credit card out.

Thinking about all these events, as Zexian sat on his soft bed, he coldly laughed at himself.

"March 1, 3011" Zexian said out loud to himself. This marks the 15th day since Riby and her family moved into the main mansion, and also the day where Minan would ask Zexian to 'loan' Riby a 'small' amount of money again.

"Zexian, honey... are you in there. I have something important to discuss with you dear." Minan's soft voice echoed from the other side of Zexian's door.

Unlike the past where, Zexian would happily reply back, thinking back to Minan's cold glare and framing remarks on the day he die, Zexian felt a cold shiver run down his back.

"—knock-- --knock--... Dear, can you hear me?" Minan's voice echoed again, but Zexian remained stiff on his bed.

Zexian remained motionless, right until the sounds of Minan's footsteps faded away. When he was sure that she was no longer by his door, Zexian breathed a sigh of relief and dashed for his laptop.

Wasting no time in booking a hotel at least 6 miles away from the main mansion, Zexian threw everything in his closet onto his bed, and began reflectively searching for something to put his clothes in.

However, unfortunately, Zexian couldn't find anything. Not even a trash bag in his room. As Zexian sighed to himself in regret and sat back on his bed staring at his pile of clothes. Faster than the blink of an eye, it all vanished. Zexian was momentarily shocked and then wondered to himself, 'do I still have it?'

Feeling his heart beat over 100 beats per a minute, Zexian warily tried to connect to his storage space. Nothing happened in the first few seconds, but in the following seconds, the images of his pile of clothes finally appeared.

'I still have it!!!' Zexian widen his eyes and felt his breath hitched.

Seeing that his storage space was there and working, Zexian quickly checked for his special hidden dimension. Lo and behold, it was there too.

Seeing that both things were intact and available, Zexian was excited beyond imaginable.

'So what if the apocalypse comes, I have my hidden dimension and my storage space, I'm rich, and there's still two years' time before the apocalypse arrives. I'll create a little perfect paradise in my dimension and live there until my end comes. Why should I care about a world that was so cruel to me! I'm not that stupid.' Zexian bitterly thought to himself as he entered his hidden dimension and look over the vast land, spring, and greens.

...

Settling on that plan and seeing that everything in his dimension was intact and the same as it was before, Zexian exited.

With the re-discovery of his storage space now, instead of his previous plan of only packing his clothes, Zexian quickly scanned his room for other things that he wanted to take, such as his bed, his drawers, pictures of his father and him...etc.

Once Zexian had placed everything that he wanted into his storage space, Zexian threw on a dark blue baseball cap, a pair of loose jeans, and a light sweater over his grey t-shirt then discreetly opened his door and snuck towards the stairs.

Thankfully, like most mansions in E city, the main mansion's two curved staircases were neared the front door.

After quickly seeing that no one was near the bottom of the staircase, Zexian rolled his eyes to check his left then right, and then with a swooshed, ran down the stairs as fast as he could.

However, as the saying goes, 'man proposed, and god dispose' just as Zexian neared the fifth to the last step, Minan and Riby appeared.

"Zexian! there you are dear. I have something impor-" not bothering to stop and even spare a look at either lady, as Zexian zoomed down the remaining steps and ran towards the front double doors, he shouted, "I'm late, I'm late, I'm late... I have no time to waste!" and with a loud --thunk-- swung the door closed behind him.

Because of his father's guilt, as soon as Zexian turned 16, his father made sure to get him his license and asked what car he wanted. Now of course, since Zexian grew up in the orphanage and did not have any interest in cars, he had no idea what to pick. So his father randomly chose a the newest BMW for him. Which Zexian had no problem with, the black color looked sleek, the interior was spacious, and it drove well and gets the job done. So Zexian was more than thankful.

Now that Zexian thinks back on it and stared at the $70,000 car, he couldn't be more thankful.

"If I had gotten a car that was worth over 100 grands, it probably would have switched owner by now to Alexa, and that means I'll be stranded right now. ...Thank you father!" Zexian lightly patted the black car before getting in and driving off.