Part 11

Nate's POV
(I swear I just love all the different perspectives I hope your all ok with that)

Me and Kayden have been here for a while now but that's ok, he needs this. He's been so stressed from the rouge attack, alpha duties, and now worsts of all his mate.
He's my little brother and I told him I'll always be here for him.
Kayden has always been the kind of person who is strong and can withstand almost anything, the only other times he's been this down was when our father died, Kayden and I stayed together for 3 hours comforting each other we were only 9 and 11 years old when that happened.
So I'd say he deserves this break down, to get all this stress off his chest and to be able to just take a break. I know after this he will come out stronger than ever.

I hope his mate will be ok though, watching her in that hospital room hurt me so much, she just sat there and watched my chest even after he legs grew weak and tired she refused to move without command. When I said lay down it was like a button, two seconds later she's on the ground with her head bowed.
And when I walked in I could tell she must have been sleeping, the tired look in her fear filled eyes, she pulled herself up to sit and hunched her shoulders with her head bowed, even though you could tell her whole body was protesting the movement, it didn't stop her.

I shut my eyes tighter as I thought about that poor girl and what she's been through, I peeked open my eye to look at my brother, he had a long journey ahead of him, this was a challenge and that's for certain but I had the confidence he could change her life, this man would do everything in his power to make sure his mate was safe now that he had her.

Kayden's POV

I was so comfortable next to my brother I wish I could just stay here for hours with him but I knew I had to get back. Standing around feeling sorry for myself won't make my mate better I had to head back and do whatever I can to help her with this recovery.
I breathed out a small sigh, small steps first.

I moved my head away from Nate's chest and looked at him.
Nate seemed to understand I was ready and that I thank him for everything he's done, he gave a slight no and got up walking towards the direction of the pack clearing before he looked back at me with a look that said 'coming?'

I got up and walked to stand next to him.
We ran together back to the pack clearing before he walked away to head to the pack house, I'm sure he wanted to check in on his own mate and give her a call to see if she was alright.
I took a deep breath in preparing myself before making my way back to the pack house.

I've been standing outside this door for probably 5 minutes now wondering what on earth I'm going to do to help my mate, I knew nothing about this and what her situation was 'that's why we must find out, keep your calm and don't get angry, as much as I want to mark her I know that we mustn't make any moves that'll scare her and ruin any progress we make' I heard Zander speak to me.
He's right we can do this if we show her we're not a threat and we're not like her old pack.

Slowly I opened the door and looked around the room until I saw her movement under the corner table getting into a sitting position.
I decided to maybe just lay in here with her, maybe I'll shift into my wolf making sure to keep my distance and try to keep my breathing level.

I shifted into Zander and I knew my size must have scared her but hopefully she'll calm down.
I walked slowly to the corner opposite of her and lasted down with a huff, I glanced at her and saw she was shaking with fear, she must be thinking I'm about to attack her but I would never do that.

I closed my eyes so she doesn't have to worry about staring at me because I can't see her.

Mia's POV

I felt the presence of the alpha at the door for a while and was just waiting for him to burst in with rage, but after a while when he did come through those doors he only glanced at me.
I made sure to get into position and watched him as he shifted, this wolf was absolutely huge! His fur was so dark it glistened even in the synthetic light. His teeth must be so long and his claws sharp, this was going to hurt a lot, just like Alpha said 'break a rule and you'll receiver he worst pain has to offer' this must be what he meant.

I braced myself for the attack and couldn't help but shiver, I felt like I was going to be sick again. I don't know why but this place scared me more than home, these wolves have yet to fight me and it didn't make sense!
Is this Alphas new way of hurting me? Making me think I'm going to be ok and letting me heal up before the wolves I grow to expect no pain from attack me?

I look up after a while and see the alpha wolf in the opposite corner from me, he was laying down with his eyes closed and his head on his paws. It almost looked like he was sleeping?
This was so strange why is he just laying there?

I watched his rhythmic breathing only breaking its steady beat to take a deep breath in. He looked so calm and soothing to my eyes, why do I want to trust him and snuggle next to his warm body?
Alpha must have done something to me maybe some sort of pill did this.
I think back to the ovular pills on the food dish from earlier, maybe it's those that do it? I didn't touch them but maybe when I was unconscious I was given some. I won't go near them from now on though because I don't like this feeling.. like I can trust this terrifying wolf that lay before me.

I wanted to sneak closer to him so I could smell his enticing better, his smell seemed to fill the room with pine needles and mint. But every time I thought about closing the gap between us I imagine his head snapping up and him launching forward and biting me.
So I made the smart decision to stay still and watch him.

==
Short chapter but I didn't know what else to write

I'm not sure if I should be trying to keep the POV changes to a minimum but I love being able to dive into the prospective of other characters and get to know them better, it involves more then just the main character we follow