Part 20

Mia's POV

A sudden sound woke me up, dad must have just got back from his patrol. I could hear the door open to my room and I opened my eyes.
I didn't see the little glowing star stickers on my roof, it was darkness. I was confused before I started to panic. I had tipped over the basket earlier and I must have fallen asleep. I tried to make a plan so I wouldn't get in trouble but I was to scared to think rationally.

I jumped up and tried to back out of the basket but my back easily hit the top and the object moved with me backwards. I felt trapped so I lowered my stomach and was able to get out.
I could smell the Alphas strong scent and knew he was here. I wanted to get a little further away from any damage I could have caused before he saw me.

I glanced towards a chair nearby and began to crawl slowly towards it. I glanced around the room for the alpha and quickly understood where he was when I crashed into his legs. My breath caught in my throat and I was about to look up when I decided that wouldn't be a smart decision. I rolled to show my stomach and closed my eyes tightly.

"Hello love, you don't have to be scared of me. I wouldn't ever hurt you" I heard him give a soft chuckle and I tensed for the hit. "I see you've made yourself comfortable, you know, my smell is stronger on the bed. This is your room too so don't hesitate to jump up" He's lying, he wants me to break more rules so that I have a worse punishment.

"Would you shift for me love? You won't get into trouble" I was so shocked that he asked me that, this is the second time I was asked to shift. No! I can't, I'm a dog.
I shook my head fiercely and looked around for a place to hide. Alpha would torture me for months if I shifted!

I spotted the space under the bed and my eyes widened. Was I actually gunna run away from an alpha. He wasn't as scary as Alpha but I could tell this one was much stronger. I could feel him starring at me intensely and my whole body shook. I didn't care if I got into trouble, it would never hurt as much as what Alpha would do.
I focused on the gap I wanted to escape to and I tensed up getting ready to flee.

"Please don't run. I didn't mean to frighten you. I would just love to hear your voice and see your other side." I stopped any movements that I was about to make and flattened myself to the floor. I hoped it would show him I wouldn't dare move.

"Can you look at me so I can see your beautiful eyes again?" I shook my head faintly remembering the day I first came here and the first rule I had broken. "Ok" He paused for a moment and kneeled down close to me. I shied away from his closeness. "Can I touch your fur?"
I was shocked with all these questions but this one didn't go against Alphas rules.. and it wasn't my choice anyways. He could hit me whenever he wanted.

I just stayed blank but relaxed my stance so I was laying on the floor and not hovering above it. I thought a bit and decided to give a small nod. Maybe if I let him do whatever he wanted he wouldn't hit me as much. If I had to stay in this room with him then I didn't want to give him any reason to be mad.

His hand came into my sight and I flinched away accidentally letting out a whimper. He stopped his motion and I looked up to him surprised again. I saw his face was filled with concern and hurt, it also held a comforting softness that made me instinctively relax. "I won't ever hurt you love" He tried to reassure me but I knew better than to believe a convincing lie.

He reached out again and I closed my eyes tightly not sure if this would be a hit or not. I felt his hand gently brush over my fur and I felt the sudden sparks ignite where he touched. I opened my eyes startled but I didn't pull away from the contact. I felt his hand travel up to my head and I flattened my ears not sure what he was doing.

His hand brushed up to my check and I started shaking again. He rubbed his thumb in circles and I found myself leaning into his touch. He made me feel.. safe. I felt like I belonged here with him and not with Alpha.

His hands felt gentle and his touch was warm, not like the cold grabs and hits I was used too. I could only just now notice that his hand was lifting my chin upwards.
"Mia" Shivers ran through my whole body and I felt my heart racing with new feelings. My nose was close to his and I felt the urge to look at him, everything I wasn't allowed to do.

My eyes travelled over his gorgeous skin, everything about him seemed perfect. His hair matched his wolf, a beautiful dark brown colour that went just past his ears. He looked happy, all of his sharp features looked almost soft and relaxed. No anger.
I soon found myself staring into the deep hazel forest that matched his pine scent. His eyes captivated every part of my mind and body. He was my world and my everything in this moment, nothing else mattered.

His other hand brushed through my fur in a soothing routine. I could feel the comforting exhaustion weighing down my body. The alpha was now crisscrossed sitting on the floor, our eyes still staring into each other's. I crawled forward slowly until I was resting in his lap more. I was so tired now that I finally broke from his gaze, my head lowered onto his leg. I closed my eyes and let his rhythmic breathing lull me to sleep.

Kayden's POV

My Mia was sleeping soundly, her head was nestled on my lap. I had never been so close to her, not like this. My heart swelled at how much my mate was improving, she was doing so well. I hope that soon I can see her face and give her many kisses and hugs. I could brush her hair and hold her hands.

Nate told me earlier of Mia's progress already today, how much she's been responding. She's still however very timid and will be for a long time, but I'll be patient with her.

I thought back to when I walked into my room earlier and saw my mate sleeping in my laundry basket. I chuckled remembering how adorable she looked. The biggest smile yet appeared on my face at the memory. I was so happy to see the effect I had on her, that my scent calmed her down. It gave me hope the more I saw her progress. Maybe the mate bond was effecting her after all.

My smile fell when I thought how she scared she acted when she woke. It hurt to see her like that, but I decided to try and focus on this moment right now.
My little mate, I've waited so long to meet you.

I ran my fingers through the fur of her neck, she was the most gorgeous wolf I've ever seen. When she meet my gaze, those piercing ice blue eyes took my breath away. There was no panic or fear when she finally looked at me.

I played back every second a thousand times while I analyzed her. She was looking healthier, but her progress was stalled with her bad eating habits. She's not drinking enough water either and it tears at my heart thinking about the forced restrictions she must have experienced.

I'm not sure how I'm going to urge her to eat but I don't want her to be sedated again. I sighed out and hunched my body. I have to make sure to be patient with her and not move too quickly. It would set us back so far if I made the wrong move.

After picking her up and setting her on the bed, I pulled the covers over her body. I slid myself down the side of my bed and sighed out. My mind went back to her past and I thought of the Half Moon wolf in my pack. I wanted to direct my anger at him but I knew that wasn't fair, Kai might be a good wolf.

"Jackson, how is everything going?" Jackson was watching Kai until morning and I just hoped this wasn't a bad decision.
"He's been distant but nothing concerning. I've been letting him settle in before asking questions but I don't think there's anything to worry about for the night" I nodded to myself satisfied with Jackson's response.

Mia's soft breaths calmed my busy mind but I still felt so stressed and lost on what to do. How am I going to help her.

==
Chapter 20! I'm not sure how many chapters there will be or exactly how the ending will turn out, but I'm happy to have gotten to this point.
If you have any questions about the story or for me, please don't hesitate to ask :) I'll try and answer as many as I can over the next few days.

Thank you everyone!!