No Matter What

"Make it stop,"Moriah sobbed into Joel's shoulder. 

"I can't,love,"Joel replied sadly, stroking her back."I don't have that power. I'm sorry."

"Please...don't let them hurt me."

"They won't, baby. They're in jail,remember?"

"Far away?"

"Yeah,"he answered, gazing into her tear-filled eyes.

It had been two weeks since Moriah had been rescued from sex traffickers, and she was anything but okay. The nightmares she endured got worse with every passing night. Usually it was of the men returning or hurting her, but sometimes she saw Joel raping her (which never happened and never would). She also had PTSD and a fear of men, which wasn't surprising, considering what they did to her, but didn't make it easy for Joel. Sometimes she didn't trust him. And it hurt.

"You want some hot cocoa?"he asked.

"Yeah,"Mo replied, coughing."It's not like I can sleep, anyway."

A few minutes later, the two were sipping their drinks on the living room couch, wrapped up in comfy blankets. (A/N: This is in Joel's tiny apartment. They aren't dating or anything yet, though they are in love.) 

"Joel,"Moriah asked,"why do you love me?"

"You're an amazing person, Moey."

She smiled at the nickname, but wasn't convinced.

"I'm just a burden to you."

"No, you're not,Mo."

Joel set his cup down and faced Moriah. He placed his hands on her shoulders and stared straight into her eyes.

"Mo, I know you're struggling and questioning your worth and all, but please don't doubt my love for you. I don't care if I have to wait a million years for you, I will do it. Because I love you no matter what.

Moriah sniffed as she fell into his arms.

"Really?" she asked.

"Really,"he said.

And from that night on, Moriah began to heal.

 A few months later, they started to date.

Three years later, Joel proposed. Mo said yes. (Well, actually, she said,"Okay", but no need for technicalities.)

They got married on July 7, 2013.

Two and a half years later, they had a baby girl named Chelsea (after Joel's favorite soccer team).

And life got better.

The end.