Chapter 4.1

When the elderly dean came in, she saw Su YuanHeng's desolate and lonely silhouette. Following the direction of his gaze, her sight set on the exact same spot of when he first appeared at the orphanage.

[FLASHBACK]

The elderly dean very quietly sighed. In that year, it was the spot where she found the chilling cold Su YuanHeng with his little body curled up in the corner of the orphanage's gates with his tiny hands tightly gripping onto a big scarf.

She carried him to the orphanage and used thick blankets and warm porridge to coax him to wake up. However, Su YuanHeng had a high fever; his mind was in the midst of unconsciousness. But still, he used that soft and weakened voice of a child to cry out, "..... I need to wait for my daddy. Let me go outside...wu-wu...I won't leave... Xiao Li will listen. Xiao Li will wait for daddy...wu-wu..I can't see daddy from here...I need to wait for my daddy... "

He was so persistent, tinged with the stubbornness of a child. Even though he was sick, he still struggled continuously, refusing to listen to anyone. He just quietly got up and weakly walked out the door wearing his pajamas.

If he wasn't discovered in time by someone, he would have almost lost his life on that cold winter night.

The elderly dean had no choice but to put him on the second floor with a view out a wide open window, yet still had some shade in the room. She told him that he could see outside from here and would also be able to see his father. She and other children could help him wait for his father. If his father returned, he could wave from here and his father would definitely see him.

But she already knew that his father, like all the other helpless parents, would never return.

The little child believed it. After he had recovered a bit, he would lean on the window all day, looking out without blinking his eyes.

The elderly dean had never met a child more stubborn than him in these many years. After a few months, many four-year olds would slowly forget their loved ones who had abandoned them. However, Su YuanHeng did not leave the orphanage until he was ten, and even then, he had never forgotten his promise.

For many chillingly cold nights, the elderly dean would often find him secretly wearing heavy layers of coats, heading toward the gates of the orphanage, sitting on the old tarnished steps waiting for an entire night.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

"Xiao Li, ahh no, should I be calling you by your new name? YuanHeng, returning this time, how long do you plan to stay?"

Su YuanHeng came back to his senses, smiled and responded, "Mother Dean can call me whatever you want. It doesn't bother me. I'd like to stay here for a period of time. Would that be too much of an inconvenience?"

Before he came, he had called the hospital. BeiTang MinQian surely had great influence. He was able to help him request an entire month off. It seems that being a major shareholder of the hospital is really different. His accumulated vacation leave for a year is not even this long.

He wanted to take this opportunity to rest and think carefully about his relationship with BeiTang MinQian. Also, he has not returned for many years so he wanted to spend some time here.

The elderly dean laughed, "Of course it's fine. How could it be an inconvenience? You've donated a lot of money and things to the orphanage for so many years. Everybody is very grateful to you. The children have sent you cards every year, did you get them?"

"I got them."

"Only two of the oldest children stay in this room, a 16-year-old and a 17-year-old. The 16-year old was admitted to the Academy of Fine Arts and has left for school. There is no vacant room in the orphanage. Are you fine with sharing a room with him?"