Frenemy

I woke up in med-bay, laying in a cot, hooked up to machines. Sitting besides me was Hux, head in hands. "Armitage..." I choked out. He looked at me and tears dropped from his eyes, whispering "Thank God".

Gingerly (A/N: hehe pun) , he gave me a hug, and cried as the machines softly beeped in the background.

"How long have I been out?" I asked. 

"Four days" he replied  "Are you in any pain?"

"No, not yet. How did I get here? I thought I was dead. Did you come and find me?" Groaning, I sat up.

Kylo entered the room, interrupting. "Hux, may I please have a word with her?" 

"Of course" Armitage left.

Kylo sat down and removed his mask, worry and anger were in his eyes.

"What the fuck were you thinking when you pulled that shit four days ago?! What the hell?!" He said.

"What do you mean? Why are you so concerned?!" I retorted.

"Why did you do what you did?! Do you have a death wish or something?" 

"I meant every word said in that room. I'm not taking orders from him anymore. Once I get better I'm leaving, Ren"

"Well your words got you disowned and almost killed, Vic!"

"As if I already wasn't disowned" I muttered bitterly.

"Do you know how hard it was to convince your father not to kill you, to let me get you here?!" Kylo bellowed.

"Wait, you what? Did you save my life?" 

He nodded, sighing.

"Why, Kylo?"

"You're a valuable asset to the First Order. We can't afford to lose you. Also Hux would kill me if he ever figured out I just let you die." The Knight said. "Listen, I know you hate me from what happened a year and a half ago. And I don't blame you. I don't expect you to forgive me. I don't need you to forgive me. We both have a common ally though. Your true loyalties lie within the First Order, as do mine. The mission we are being sent on, don't do it because your father ordered you too. Do it for the order.

I looked down at my hands in my lap. "What do I need to do?" I replied. 

"We must kill Luke Skywalker along with a force sensitive girl he is training, and to bring down the last of the remaining  Resistance fleets. I can't do it alone. I've already let her slip out of the Orders grasps one time and I paid miserably for that. If the girl and Skywalker lives, that could mean the death of the First Order. Success mean you could get back on good terms with your father, respecting you." His eyes bore into mine.

I nodded. "I'll go on the mission, but I don't want his respect or approval."

"Once you have recovered, we will leave immediately" Ren stood up and left.

Hux came back in and sat. 

"What did he have to say?" He asked.

"I'm leaving for a mission once I get better" I replied.

Armitage gaped, hurt and disappointment in his voice "But you just got back! How can you be leaving again? How could you be leaving me here again!?"

"Because I want to get the hell out of this prison and I owe Kylo. He's the one who got me here or I would have been dead." I grunted as I sat at the edge of the bed, reaching for some water. 

"I'm very thankful for that. Even though I despise Ren, I must give credit where credit is due. Thank the Maker for his "compassion" towards you, if compassion is even the right word. Had you been literally anyone else he would have left you for dead." He said, passing my water to me. "And for the love of kriff you can be so stubborn. He told me about what you said to your father...you absolute nerfherder!"

"I am well aware of that, Armitage, and frankly, I don't care about what I said to him. But what I do care about is both of us resting. You need to be a well-rested general, and I must heal for this mission". 

"I'll visit you in the morning to check on you, Viccy. I hope you sleep well" Standing up, he lightly patted me on the head and smiled.

"See you then" I smiled back