Stake out

After our very nice encounter with Mordecai, Kylo went to the bathroom to change into regular, non-conspicuous clothing. I went over to the piano where Mordecai was playing.

"What's good, sweetheart? Did you miss me that much?" he chuckled.

"Shut up. Can I change in your room?" I asked

"Sure." He quickly tossed the key to me.

I opened a door in the back of the club that led to a flight of stairs. I walked up them, into a hallway I knew too well. Finally, facing the last door on the left, I sighed and opened it.

Mordecai's room was almost the exact way I remembered when I left him. Neatly kept but yet, messy.

Taking off my clothes, I put on a form fitting short black dress, and thigh high boots. Looking at myself in the mirror, I was quite impressed.

Slipping a knife and some cash into my boots, I held on to my lightsaber.

Returning back downstairs, I saw Ren sitting at a booth in a dimly lit corner, sipping on a drink. He was wearing a puffy jacket, white shirt, and pants. It was strange seeing him dressed like that.

I felt eyes follow me across the room as I went outside and locked my belongings in my speed cycle. I came back inside and went to the booth.

Sitting down, I handed Kylo my saber. "Can you hold onto this for me? I don't have anywhere to put it without drawing attention." I asked.

"Are you sure? You won't have any weapons." He replied, taking it.

I took the knife out of my boot and spun it in my hand.

He grinned and put the saber in one of his pockets. "So how do you know this guy again?"

I felt myself blush. Kylo and I had never talked about our relationships before. I was pretty sure neither of us ever thought we had romantic relationships.

"He's my ex" I said.

Kylo raised an eyebrow. "Oh? why 'Ex'?"

"He cheated on me..." I admitted.

I felt anger rise up in him. More than usual anger, almost rage. 

"What a scum bag. And then he has the gaul to gawk at you like he does" He spat.

I found myself quite taken aback by how involved he was becoming in this, and how much he cared.

"Wait he was looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Yes. Everyone in here is looking at you like they've never seen a woman before."

I felt myself blush. He was acting protective in a sense.

Re-directing the conversation, I started to talk about our plans for the night.

"So why this place?" I distracted myself with a straw cover, folding it.

"I've received some intel about resistance activity here. They may know where Skywalker and the girl is."

"What's that you're drinking?"

"Ardees. You want some?" He pushed his drink to me.

I sipped a little bit and tasted alcohol.

"You better not get drunk. We have a job to do." I remarked.

"Of course not. I thought us having this would make us blend in. We could share it so then neither of us risk intoxication. Unless you're some sort of light weight, cause I'm sure not" He laughed.