TEN

"I should've got a haircut," Katherines dad groaned as he looked in a small mirror.

The night after confronting Theo in the woods, she'd gone with Scott and Stiles to the sheriffs station while her dad got ready for a date. She'd essentially put his outfit together — with the very much welcomed help of Brett and Lori over face time — and had learned how to tie a tie.

"A man your age should be happy he still has hair to cut," Stiles answered with a dorky smile, unaware of how unhelpful his comment was.

Katherine calmly reached over and gave him a light slap on the back of the head before returning to fixing the buttons on her Dad's shirt. He'd gotten so nervous that when he was doing his shirt up, the buttons had been put into the wrong wholes and everything was out of wack.

"I think you look great," Scott piped in with an awkward smile.

"Well thank you, son I should've had," her Dad smiled sarcastically, shooting Stiles a pointed look.

After letting out a quiet snort, Katherine stepped back and stood between Scott and Stiles to admire her hard work. "You look great, Pappa," she smiled, happily clapping her hands together.

Her dad stepped forward and pulled her in for a tight hug, then pressed a short kiss to her forehead. "That's all thanks to you, KitKat," he chuckled.

"I figured I owe you this much," Katherine hummed as she tucked her hands into the back pockets of her jeans. "You did raise me, after all."

The three stood there in silence for a few minutes, Stiles still mildly offended by his Dad's comment while Scott and Katherine were smiling contently.

"I'm gonna wait out in the hall," Katherine yawned.

"Sure," Stiles rolled his eyes. "You just want to text Liam." Fighting away her blush, Katherine smacked him in the side and wordlessly walked out of her Dad's office.

As soon as she'd reached Parrish's office, she slid into the wheelie chair and pulled her phone from her pocket and immediately sent Liam a text.

KAT
What're you doing
right now.

While she waited for his response, she played two levels of Candy Crush. Surprisingly, she kept her swearing levels to the bare minimum.

LIAM
just watching TV
with my parents,
you?

KAT
getting my Dad ready
for a date. It's not as
exciting as I'd hoped it
would be.

LIAM
hahaaaaaa suckerrrrrrr

Katherine rolled her eyes and began typing her answer, only to pause at the sound of footsteps. When she looked up from the screen, she saw Parrish round the corner as he exited the interrogation room. An immediate smile formed on her lips. "Hey Jordan!" She waved happily.

Parrish glanced over at her and smiled faintly, then sighed. "Hey, Kat," he murmured. "I think it would be best if you waited in the Sheriff's office for a little while. We can talk in a little bit."

She nodded slowly and slid out of the wheelie chair as she pocketed her phone and wandered back to her Dad's office. Just as she was about to open the door, someone's' voice boomed through the station.

"Stilinski!"

Whoever it was, they were angry, and she couldn't help but feel like she knew that voice. Or that she should know it. Katherine met her brother's eyes through the glass walls and, watched as his face contorted into one of confusion. She could feel her own do the same, and before she knew it, Scott, Stiles and her Dad had all come out to see what the commotion was about.