THIRTY

A/N: ^^^you're fucking welcome for the video content above

also the video isn't mine, I just found it on YouTube and it made me happy so props to the owner for making it

But I've been feeling relatively okay lately, and figured I'd celebrate by posting again??? Thank you for being patient with me while I took a month off, I really needed it :)

Also part 2 is gonna be wayyyyyyy shorter because I learned how to do this thing called make my chapters longer lmao

Overnight, somehow things had gone from almost good to really really bad all over again, which seemed to be a reoccurring theme in her life.

Her Dad, who was supposedly okay, was now deteriorating quickly and no one knew why.

Theo had put his claws in the back of Lydia's neck to find...something...and now she was catatonic and he was nowhere to be found.

Theo had pit Liam against Scott, and that's why he hadn't been there when Hayden died.

Liam almost killed Scott but Mason stopped him.

Theo got angry and finished the job.

Melissa had to revive him.

No one knew where Malia was.

By 9am, Katherine was awake and listening to the plan Scott and Stiles had pulled together with the help of Melissa and Parrish, at the hospital, cradling two large travel mugs; one full of peppermint tea, and the other with coffee. Her eyes were puffy and red, and her nose was stuffed, but she was just grateful her two brothers were talking again.

By 10am, she was sitting on the step behind Stiles as he waited, the front door wide open for when Theo would inevitably decide to seek them out to boast about what he'd done.

How he'd played them, and how he'd done it well.

At 10:30, Katherine was hearing footsteps on the front walk. They'd lined the house with mountain ash, which he cockily stepped over, and it took everything for Katherine to stay where she was and not storm up stairs, grab her bat, and beat the ever-loving shit out of him because no one could use her Dad as a distraction and get away with it.

Especially not Theo.

"I guess we're all telling the truth now," he sighed dramatically.

Katherine sniffled, her upper lip curling. "It's a little late for that, assface," she snarled calmly, her fingers itching for her to throw her tea him; thermos and all. For once, Stiles didn't even scold her about her language.

He smiled mockingly. "Ouch," he muttered. But his stance changed as he caught Scott's scent from upstairs, and immediately Stiles tossed the shirt he'd had beside him for this exact reason, at Theo's face.

Of course, like the asshole he is, he caught it.

"You kill my best friend?"

"Let's be honest, Stiles," Theo sighed. He was looking down at the sweater, not even pretending to be apologetic about what he did. "Was he still really your best friend"

"He was family," Katherine answered coldly, jaw clenched. "No matter what." She went to go down a step — she'd been growing her nails out, and even after the previous night's event they were surprisingly still pretty long and fully capable of doing damage — but Stiles held his arm out to block her.

Slowly, she backed up to where she previously was.

"You gonna let my Dad die?" Stiles asked lowly, his voice scratchy from crying.