Chapter 33

"Y/N, what the hell do you think you're doing?" Nat demanded as you struggled to your feet the second the jet had landed.

"Do you want Loki to think I can't stand on my own power?" you shot back at her as Thor braced you to keep you upright. Your leg was bleeding through the bandage and didn't want to take your weight.

"You can't stand on your own power," Clint jumped into the grumbling.

"Do you want Loki knowing that?" you snarled at him. You wanted everyone to survive this experience and having Loki angry as little as possible seemed the best idea for that. "I can stand on my own. I'll agree that I shouldn't," you finally admitted.

The door to the jet opened and you stepped out with Thor's arm wrapped around you to keep you on your feet. Loki had already been walking toward the jet, a grin on his face at the idea of whatever fun he'd found for you two for the evening. His expression fell when he saw you. He ran over, fear and worry replacing his previous grin. You tried to give him a smile to reassure him.

He went straight for Thor with daggers drawn. One was held to Thor's throat instantly. "You were supposed to protect her!" Loki snarled in frustrated rage. Thor moved his arm, pushing you behind him, away from Loki's daggers.

You tried to protest, but Thor held you back with one strong arm. "I am not letting you play with Loki while he has daggers out and is actively trying to stab me, little sister. You are already injured enough," The two of them flew through a well practiced battle. It would have been impressive had Loki hadn't been actively trying to stab Thor. Thor was just defending himself, and you. He was at an obvious disadvantage here.

Loki's rage and his frustrated pain were unrivaled. At least Thor could handle him.

It was still dangerous, so you took the opportunity to distract him from killing Thor. It was a cheap shot and you knew it, but you did it anyway. You were a healer first, and your first instinct was to protect your family. You stepped out from behind Thor and took a step toward Loki, purposely letting your injured leg buckle beneath you.

The effect was exactly as you expected. Loki dropped his daggers and rushed to you, catching you before you could fall. He held you cradled in his arms as he looked over your wounds. When he had taken inventory, he swept you up into his arms and started whispering worriedly in Asgardian. He must have been really worried to slip back into his native tongue and not English or All-speak. "I'm ok," you told him, trying to reassure him, but you could hear the pain in your voice.

"I'm so sorry, love. I should have been there," he finally switched back over to a language you could understand, calming ever so slightly.

"Reindeer Games, do something useful and get her to medical. Unless you've suddenly developed the power to heal her yourself, we'll have to call the doctor in," Tony grumbled. The rest of the team was trying to get out of the jet, but you, Thor, and Loki were in their way.

"Yeah, we haven't been able to get any pain meds in her yet. How she's not crying in pain is beyond me," Nat added, drawing Loki's attention back to you again. Without answering them, Loki teleported the two of you down to medical. He laid you on the hospital bed.

"Witchling..." Loki started.

"I'll be ok, Loki," you tried to reassure him again, but you were fighting back tears of pain. You saw the heartbreak in his eyes. He felt terrible that you'd been in danger and he hadn't been able to be there, worse, it was his decision to leave to find himself and deal with his problems that had led to him not being able to be there. "It's not your fault,"