●☆Chapter 4☆●

"What do you want Simon?" I hissed, glaring at him. I took several steps back when he tried to come closer, making it clear that I didn't want him anywhere near me.

"What'da mean Vikky? Don't you want your boyfriend to carry you home like the little princess you are?" He taunted, a mean grin on his face. He stepped closer to me again, reaching out to try and take my arm.

"Don't fucking touch me, I'll break your arm!" I snap at him with a sickenly sweet smile. That boy made me have mood swings for months after we had broken up and I wasn't about to let him back into my life ever again.

"Oh come on sweetheart, I know you love me." He said, sauntering closer and trying to cup my cheek with his hand. I slapped his hand away and, feeling like I wanted to spit at him, I turned and tried to walk away but again he followed me.

This time he grabbed at my waist and pulled me back into him, making me shriek and try to rip myself from his grasp.

"Let me go Simon!" I yelled, squirming in his arms to get him to put me down. "Put me down!"

"Why would I do that baby boy, when you're just going to come running back to me. "One of his hands slipped underneath my shirt. "Just like every other time."

As one last ditch attempt I stomped down on his foot, making him yelp and loosen his grip on me, giving me an opportunity to escape and run down the street. Within 5 minutes I was standing outside the front door to my house, panting and gasping for air. I frantically search for my key and shove myself inside, locking it desperately behind me in case Simon had followed me.

I sank to the floor and buried my head in my hands, shaken and terrified. I couldn't believe that Simon could do that to me, try to get me back by forcing himself onto me, or almost that anyway. I didn't move for quite a few minutes, at least until I felt motivated enough to take a shower.

It was relaxing, having the warm water dripping down my back, but I still felt so vulnerable that I tried to go as fast as possible, getting out and changing into my warm pyjamas. Before I went to bed I checked all of the door and windows were locked and the curtains were drawn, but even then I was still unnerved.

I was too shaken to sleep so I pulled out my phone, scrolling through my contact list to see who was in the list. I flinched when I saw a contact belonging to the boy that had just tried to hurt me, Si <3, why didn't I delete his contact long ago?

Erasing it, I go back to my social media, trying to put off the fact that I had school tomorrow and that I was still to shaken to get to sleep. Eventually my mind drifted back to the new student who was arriving tomorrow and I knew it was stupid because he would just end up bullying me. I didn't see any point in trying to talk to him.

I closed my eyes and slowly my world faded into darkness, finally peaceful.

--------------------------------------------------------

I groaned and squinted as light, filtering in through a gap in the curtains, hit my eyes. My phone was making some horrible noises, Rob's caller tone, and reluctantly I rolled over and picked it up, answering it with a croaky voice.

"What'da ya want Rob?" I mumbled, covering my eyes to stop the light from blinding me.

"Mornin' Vikky, you're coming on another date this morning!" I groaned and checked the time, half past fucking 5.

"Rob it's fucking half past 5 in the morning! We've got school in a few hours and you and Preston'll probably just end up fucking at the end!" I could tell the boy was red on the other end of the phone.

"Please Vikk? We're going to the coffee shop again and I think you might need some coffee." I sighed and reluctantly agreed, mumbling curses down the phone at Rob for him waking me up so early.

"Fine, pick me up in 10. Be prepared for me to yell at you." With that I hung up my phone and chucked my phone back onto my bed, reluctantly getting up to get dressed.

It was still cold outside so I grabbed a black pair of sweatpants and a blue sweater, I could always get my coat from downstairs later and I would be in class most of the day, where they luckily had heating. I was ready within 10 minutes and waited by the front door with my school bag on my back, going on Starboy's social media while I waited.

The car pulled up and I slipped into the warm back seat, glaring at them while I looked out at the still dark sky.

"I hate you so much." Rob grinned. "You two had better not end up eye fucking each other after this or I'll steal your car and leave you to walk to school."

Both of them went bright red and Preston went especially red because I knew he was the bottom of the two. I saw Rob's hand sidle over the centre console and take Preston's hand, making me smile slyly because oh my god, they were such couple goals.

At the Starbucks we managed to get the same booth as last time because it was completely empty, it was 6am after all and it had only just opened. This time all three of us got coffee because we really needed it to get through the school day.

"Hey Vikk did you do the English assignment?" Rob asked, sipping on his drink. I startled, blinking at him.

"What? That's due Friday isn't it?" I said, suddenly realising that no, it wasn't. Dear god kill me now, I prayed, slapping myself in the face. I had done all of my other homework but I didn't realise that I had had any for english, I had left my book in my locker over the weekend.

"No? It's due today, remember?" Rob said calmly, laughing when I groaned and he wrapped his arms around Preston's waist.

"Well it was nice knowing you." I mumbled, burying my head in my hands. Checking the online english site I saw that yes, there was an assignment and yes, it was due today so I was so, so screwed. In fact, I was so screwed that I even felt a little dizzy.

Just under half an hour before school started Rob, Preston and I drove there and we headed to our first classes with no more words. I had English last so hopefully I would have some time to complete it before I got detention for a week.

At the first break I stopped and talked to Mitch and Jerome for a little while, catching up with them. I wasn't quite as close to them as I was to Rob and Preston but I did talk to them in whatever classes we had together so I liked catching up with them from time to time.

When I eventually headed to our normal hang out spot I stopped for a second, a little startled to see a tall blonde boy that I didn't recognise sitting with them.

"Um hi?" I said, dumping my bag in Rob's lap. "Who's this?" He blinked at me, stuttering nervously when he answered.

"I'm Lachlan."