●☆Chapter 19☆●

The day after Lachlan woke up I was just eating lunch when a nurse informed me that I had visitors and although I was skeptical, I said to allow them in. To my surprise, my visitors were Preston and Rob, both of them pale as sheets of paper, hand in hand as they walked up to my bed.

Rob looked like he was about to yell and jump on me in a huge hug but Preston stopped him, grabbing at his arm and pulling him back before he could run at me. Preston had noticed the look on my face and had tugged Rob back.

Lachlan hadn't even noticed the two boys, he was curled up with his head buried in my chest, fast asleep. I had been moved into the private room with Lachlan, once he had gotten awake and moving the previous day, and he had utterly refused to let me go and I didn't want to let him go either, so we had fallen asleep curled up together, clinging onto one another.

"Hey guys." I mumbled, trying not to wake Lachlan. He was soundly asleep and I honestly just wanted him to sleep, he had woken up with a nightmare the night before.

"Hey Vikk." Preston whispered, gently sitting down on the bed beside the two of us, being incredibly careful not to shake the bed. He was wide-eyed and scared, unsure what to say in case he scared me or woke Lachlan. Rob sat down on a chair, eyes glancing between me, Lachlan and the floor.

There was quite an awkward silence for a while, neither Rob or Preston knew what to say and it was clear they knew what had happened but didn't want to say anything that might upset or scare me. I didn't say anything to break the silence, I didn't really want to talk.

I closed my eyes and was just about to drift off when I felt someone's hand, Rob's I think, crept into mine and squeezed it gently.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through this Vikk, you too Lachlan. I hope we can do something." I smiled small, still half asleep and finally drifted off, just that little bit more comforted by the fact that they would stand by my side, no matter what and they would try and help us.

----------------------------------------------------

"That's it, that's it." I encouraged, holding my hands out in front of me in case he needed to make a grab for them if he overbalanced. He was up on his feet for the first time was had been rescued, a week earlier, and was really struggling not only because he had been in bed for so long but because he hadn't been eating much, he simply didn't want to and he had said it made him feel sick.

"Whoa!" He yelped, stumbling and almost falling but I reached out and caught him just before he did.

"Easy Lachlan, easy." I said comfortingly, taking hold of his hands and squeezing them tightly. "You can't expect everything to come at once."

It was strange, before everything had fallen apart Lachlan had been the one to comfort me, he was the strong one, the one who could stand up for himself and he stood up for me as well. But now he was utterly destroyed. He barely spoke, he awoke screaming at night with nightmares and worst of all, he was a completely different person.

Dylan had torn Lachlan away from me, stealing away the boy I thought I knew. And I hated him for it.

I helped Lachlan back onto his bed, letting him lean back heavily into the pillow and watched as he closed his eyes, sighing in relief as the pressure came off his legs. He was still very weak physically and the few minutes of walking were bad enough, especially because of how much his body was still wrecked.

"Do you want something to eat?" I asked him, it was lunch time and I was hungry and I knew he would try to get out of eating, but he had to. Just as I expected, he shook his head and looked down to the bed, going white at just the thought of trying to eat.

"No thanks Vikk." He said sheepishly, looking away. "I don't want anything."

I tapped one finger gently under his chin to get him to look at me, it was coming something of a thing for us to gain the others attention, tapping the other under the chin. I did it to Lachlan if he was purposely ignoring me and he did it to me if he wanted to get my attention but he wasn't up to talking.

"Lachlan...." I mumbled sadly, my fingers gently massaging his shoulder. "You need to eat. I know you don't want to, I know you hate it because you'll feel sick but it's not going to get better if you don't try."

But again he shook his head, wiping his eyes fiercely as tears started to fall. Both of us were both in such an emotionally unstable state that we almost constantly burst into tears whenever someone tried to push us in a certain direction or tried to talk about what happened. Neither of us could cope with it.

"Please Vikk..." He whispered, finally speaking up louder. "I can't, I can't eat, that's the problem." He began to choke up, tears falling faster and I sat up on the bed, wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling him close.

The problem was, was that I felt so helpless and useless in any situation when Lachlan broke down because I didn't know what to say, I didn't know what to do, I didn't know if I could do anything. When Lachlan broke down he locked me out and wouldn't let me back in, he wouldn't let me comfort him and when I spoke he didn't seem to hear me.

"Please Lachlan!" I cried, feeling him break down more and more just curled up on my lap.

"I can't." He finally whispered, looking up. "Please Vikk. I can't."