Awakened

ALL RIGHTS GO TO MARLENE KING

Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. - Mother Teresa

Chapter 7: Letting go

Alison's POV:

Six weeks later

It's been over a month now and Emily's still not waking up, I'm loosing a bit of hope every passing minute. I miss her like crazy, I'm surprised that I've actually survived this long without her. I miss her heart warming smile, her mesmerizing deep brown eyes, her laugh, her kind soul, her everything.

I've been spending 90% of my time in this hospital room, the only time I've left is for school. The girls have been trying to get me to sleep in a real bed, but Emily's doctor gave me a small air mattress that I've been sleeping on.

I stretch my arms our in the air, my neck cracking slightly from the uncomfortable sleeping position.

"Good morning." I say, gently kissing her hand. I still talk to her, the doctor said that in some cases, a coma patient can hear and understand what you're saying but they won't remember the conversation when they wake up.

Her skin is still as cold and pale as ever. I wouldn't have thought that it would be possible for a human to cry this much. These past weeks have been hell, but what's making me more nervous is that we haven't heard from A since I got that text. A's got us obsessed, and that terrifies me.

"Emily, I need you to know something." I have been mentally preparing myself to be able to say the words out loud. This is for Emily. I swallow hard, looking down at her pale, skinny face.

"Emily I don't like saying these words but I need to know that I've at least given you this choice ." I grab her limp hand, tracing patterns with my thumb.

"I need you to know that if you're in pain right now, you don't have to try to fight for me. I care about you so much and it kills me to think that you might be suffering right now. So if you don't have the energy or will to keep on going..." My breath hitches in my throat and the tears fall down my cheek. I place a kiss on her head.

Emily's POV:

I felt Ali's tears run down my neck, I hate knowing she's crying because of me.

"It's okay to give in, if you're in pain then I don't want you hurting. Please don't think of me, this is about you. You're the only one in my life that I'll do anything for, but I need you to know that I can't force you to keep fighting if you don't want to, just promise me that you'll never ever doubt my feelings I have for you." Ali grips my hand tighter, I felt like I could feel her touch but yet I still couldn't.

"I love you." I hear her whisper. She loves me. You have to wake up for her, this is Alison, you have to wake up!

WAKE UP!

Ali grips my other hand and I fought with every cell in my body to move a muscle. It felt like moving a 1000 pounds, I felt weak. After what felt like hours of trying I felt a tingly warm feeling in the tips of my fingers and I pushed through the barrier as I moved my pinky finger slightly.

The tiny movement made Ali jump.

"Emily?" I feel her hands grip the sides of my face.

Open your eyes.

Come on Emily you can do this.

OPEN YOUR EYES FOR ALISON!

My eyes weakly flutter open but immediately closes due to the florescence in the room, blinding me.