Chapter 8

"Don't you think that it's weird that the Crits are attacking you more now?" Sarah asked.

"They are greedy creatures," Lalapap the Crankiest grumbled.

"Has anyone visited them. You know, to ask what they want?" Sarah insisted.

Floufli the Amazing looked down at his hands, shameful that they hadn't considered this. "Well no. Everybeast has been very busy on missions. Either trying to fix what the Crits have broken or to guard the borders so they don't enter again."

"So, nobody has ever talked to them?"

"Not that I know. But Sarah you must understand that the Crits are very scary," Floufli the Amazing replied, visibly shaking.

Sarah glanced at her brother, who had been awfully quiet during this conversation. "We need to go find them. Actually, since they are here I suggest we try and talk to them."

"I can't allow that," DI voiced. "It is very dangerous. I am not willing to put human lives in harm's way."

Lucas moved closer to DI, petting the invisible dragon. "DI, we had two Crits in here when you were sleeping. They did not harm us."

"Yeah, to be honest it kind of looked like they were more scared of us," Sarah added.

"You are not going out there, and that's final!" DI said firmly.

"Yes, I am," Sarah said.

"No, you are not."

"I am."

"Not going."

"Yes," Sarah said.

"No," DI said.

Sarah folded her arms in front of her and raised her eyebrow. "Fine! You can stay here and count how many times you will be attacked every day."

"Sarah, it is very dangerous to go out there," Floufli the Amazing said.

Lucas grabbed a loose panel of the machine and held it covering his body. "Have no fear. I will make shields and the Crits won't be able to touch us. We will be the defenders of Otherworldly land."

Lalapap the Crankiest rolled her eyes at Lucas. "Great! Now both of the little humans are irrational. I knew bringing them here was a mistake." She turned to Floufli the Amazing and pointed her finger. "We are going to have a Crit infestation and it's all your fault!"

"Why is it my fault? I don't control the Crits nor the humans!" Floufli the Amazing defended himself.

"It's your fault for bringing them here." Lalapap the Crankiest pointed at the two siblings. "And now they are going to go out there and touch the Crits. Then they will come here and rub their germs on us. My beautiful fur cannot take any more of this. It took me forever to groom it after your last experiment."

"That was ages ago. Why do you keep bringing that up?"

"Because I looked horrible for a whole week!" Lalapap the Crankiest snapped.

"Looks are not all that matter, Lalapap the Crankiest," DI reprimanded her.

"Yes, I know. But I want to look good all the time!"

"Fair enough," DI said.

"Em, guys...where are the little humans?" Floufli the Amazing asked.

"Oh no! See I was right. You should have never brought them here." Lalapap the Crankiest said.

"You two. Stop arguing and let's go find the little ones," DI interrupted.

"They are outside, aren't they?" Lalapap the Crankiest said.