"Well, Zayn, as you know, your mother has been locked up for the past twenty four hours for what looks to be child abuse. As said before, we've discovered multiple bruises down your arms and legs and some around your waist. It is unreasonable for this amount of bruises, new and old, to come from sports or such. We have no clue where these actually came from." Dr. Irwin started, glancing up at Zayn and raising his eyebrows as if he was asking how Zayn got them.

Zayn gulped thickly and started fidgeting with his fingers slightly violently. Liam noticed and grabbed his hand, holding it very tightly.

"They- They are from m-my m-um" He winced as he let the huge lie escape his lip. He personally felt the huge tension in the room, all four of his friends knowing that was a lie but not daring to point it out and risk Zayn being taken away to some mental institution. Zayn made eye contact which each boy in the room, excluding the doctor, making sure they didn't expose his lie.

The doctor didn't seem to notice how nervous Zayn's gotten, even though he was hooked to multiple machines that more than likely showed his heart rate and stuff.

"That's the main thing we needed to know. Thank you Zayn. Also, we needed to get your side on what happened before you fell unconscious, but we can get that information when your discharged." The curly haired doctor said in a monotone voice. Zayn nodded and bit his lip, looking at Liam to grasp some form of support. Liam seemed to understand his silent pleads and began softly rubbing his thumb over Zayn's soft, baby-like hand. Liams fingers were rough but Zayn loved the feeling, it made him feel protected.

"Alright then, i'll let you get back to your little party. Nurse Hadid will be in here in a bit to check up on you Zayn. Take care boys" The doctor said before stuffing his clipboard under his armpit and pushing his glasses up off his eyes and onto his head. Liam shook hands with the doctor and thanked him before he left.

"You okay Zaynie" Harry's voice spoke up from his seat.

"Y-yeah." The tan boy replied in a shaky voice. He didn't really know what to think right now, he was still processing it all. As of now he's in a hospital bed for internal bleeding, his mother behind bars being blamed for all of his physical pain when she only did half of it, his dad off somewhere in another country, and his sisters in foster care. His whole life had just fallen apart in 24 hours and he couldn't do anything about it. He may not ever be able to see his sisters again, his dad decides not to answer his phone when it's Zayn that's calling, and there's no way in hell Zayn plans on visiting his mother, who doesn't even deserve that label in his life. The small boy was pulled from his thoughts when he felt a shift in the bed. He looked to his left to see a familiar body cuddled up with him.

Liam put his right arm comfortably under Zayn's waist and pulled his closer before snaking his left arm over his waist as well. Liam kissed the small boys neck, and neither had to say a word to be able to be safe and comfortable. Zayn glanced over to the other boys.

"Uhh Josh ? Is that you ? I'll be right there." Zayn heard Niall say. The tan boy glanced at the blonde boy and easily realized he was faking the whole Josh thing, using the fact that Niall was obviously on Instagram, not on a call with Josh, and he said all that so quickly that Josh wouldn't even be able to speak. "See ya in a minute Zee" Niall smirked, sloppily kissing Zayn's cheek before skipping out of the room.

"He's the dumb one of the three" Harry sighed. Zayn immediately nodded in agreement causing Liam to chuckle. A phone notification filled the room and each boy other than Zayn checked their phone, Harry being the source.

"Oh... Ohh" The green eyed boy said as though he realized something. He showed the text to Louis and smirked towards the couple on the bed. "Um Louis would you like to grab a bite with me in the cafeteria ?"

"Uh duh Harold. See you two in a bit" Louis winked causing Zayn's cheeks to flush and Liam to facepalm.

"They did that on purpose didn't they ?" Liam said after the room was completely empty of their friends.

"Definitely"

-
i give you my consent to yell at me for not updating in two weeks >>>>>

spoiler, im making larry official before ziam, shhh 🤫

i'm planning a couple really crazy things for around chapter 20, be aware 👀

sorry for any errors in capitalization, punctuation, grammar, or spelling 💗

message me ! any votes or comments are greatly appreciated ❤️

all the freaking love, m xx

march 16, 2019

word count : 1429 🧸