Chapter 1: New Me

Zenia Carter....That's me. My name is the only thing that never changed about me. I feel, different. Like a new person. I should feel new. Don't I deserve that? I've been lied to so many times, who do I trust? What do I do? What would you do? To find out that my life is a lie. To find out my best friend hates me. To find out my roommate is crazy. To find out my brother isn't protective over me. So much has happened. I'm in college now, got my boyfriend by my side, I'm doing me. This is me...Zenia Carter. But sometimes, the more things change, the more they stay the same. That hospital visit changed everything...

While I was leaving from the hospital, I heard Deandre's voice. "I love you too" he said. I stopped at the door an stood there because I was surprised. I was happy because he's alive. He's gonna live! I turned around slowly to make sure it wasn't some random person. It was him. Lying there in the bed looking at me with his hand over his chest.

"You what?" I said as I slowly approached him. "I said...I love you too. In fact...I love you more". Next thing you know, I'm there kissing him. I missed him so much. Afterwards, we just started talking.

"God, I'm so glad you're ok". "Yeah, I'm just hurt a little". "How did you get tackled playing basketball?". "Well, one of the teammates don't like me very well. We had an argument before practice started and I guess he wanted me hurt so that I wouldn't play". "Babe that's terrible". "Babe?". 

"Sorry, force of habbit". "Yeah, whatever". "No, really". "Listen Zee, I heard everything you've been saying since you came here. You love me so stop denying it. I love you too and you know that". "Let's talk about this later". "When are you going to stop walking away from things and just talk about it".

"I don't know. It's just that when I talk about it, things never turn out better". "Well if you give me a chance, I promise that every minute we talk will defintely be better. Every moment we spend together will be better". "I hear you, but I don't know".

"What are you afraid of?". "Well, I don't want to come between you and basketball". "Zee, you are my besketball. I will bring you everywhere I go. I will no longer do what I did to you in the past. Please just trust me". "Give me some time. And I'll have your answer by the time you heal".

"Promise?". "Promise".

Talking with him was just something I needed. Talking to Tre always consisted of deception. I needed someone to be honest with me. After being with him for hours, I went home to my dorm. Apparently, my roomate threw some type of dorm party and I didn't know anything about it. I came into the room expecting to sleep, but of course I wasn't getting any of that.

"Um, excuse me. Why are all these people here?". "Because it's a party. Are you retarded?". "Crystal, you can't just invite a whole bunch of people to our dorm". "Bitch it's my dorm". "And bitch I'll beat the shit out of you". "Do it and I'll call campus security and have you escorted".

She really had me aggrivated to the point that I wanted to fight her, and I don't fight. Luckily Londyn was there. Me and her were cool.

"Hey Londyn!". "Hey Zenia! What's up?". "I'm just so tired of my roomate. She threw this party and didn't even tell me. I wanted to go to sleep". "Well, if you want we can go back to my room. My roommate is going to a sleep over apparently". "I'm just mad she threw this shit without telling me. This bitch don't tell me shit.". "C'mon, let's go".

We ended up going to her dorm. It was much bigger and way nicer. I didn't even go to sleep. We stayed up talking most of the time and playing games. I wish I could be her roomate instead.

The next day I had class. All my classes were easy but boring. In-between classes, me and Londyn went to lunch. We started talking more and getting to know each other better. She is hilarious by the way. After I finished all my classes, I went to visit D.

The doctors said that he'll be able to leave soon, but they have to run a few more test. When he does leave, he'll have to go through physical therapy. He asked me to never leave his side and I told him that I wouldn't. 

Me and Crystal got into another argument when I got home. I finally decided to talk to someone about switiching rooms because I couldn't take it anymore. I asked to room with Londyn, but they told me it will take about a week to process. I couldn't handle another week with her. I wish me and Tre were cool so I could stay at his place. Speaking of him, I decided to call.

When I called, of course he didn't answer. He's still upset with me because I'm catching feelings for Deandre. To be honest, I don't even know if I'm catching feelings for him. Maybe a little. But they're not serious. I don't want to date him. It's hard trusting people right now. I need to be alone.

Kendra has not talked to me in forever. It's been so long since I've talked to her. I decided to pay a visit to Ty's house and she was there. Why was she there? I don't know. Maybe she told him the truth about not really having Tre's baby.

"Hey Ty! Kendra". "Mm," she said as she walked out of the room. "She's still mad at me for what?". "I have no clue. But how are you?", Ty said. "I'm fine. Just tired and stressed about different things". "I see". "So, she told you the baby's yours?". "Yeah, she did". 

"What is she going to do about college?". "She's gonna go until she's like eight months and from there I guess she'll be online. She talked with her teachers". "Well, tell her I'm happy for her. How many months is she now?". "Seven". "Oh ok. So she'll be having her baby in December. That's cute. I'm proud of the both of you".

Kendra wouldn't talk to me at all. It's crazy. As weeks and weeks went by, I ended up officially rooming with Londyn, which made us much closer. D was out the hospital, but I never gave him an answer. He's been going through therapy to get his leg back into shape. I've been going with him for support.

One day, D and I went out to eat. We ate outside like we usually do and started talking about different things. And then he decides to bring up the whole dating thing. 

"So, did you ever decide yet?". "D, I don't know". "Listen, I know you're afraid, but I got you. Just trust me. I'll love you unconditionally. I'll protect you from anything. And I won't lie to you like Trevor does on a regular. Zee, I Love you and I just want you to see that". 

A few minutes go by of silence because I had to think. What should I do? I love him but do I want a relationship with him? I'm stuck. Is this the man I want to spend the rest of my life with? I finally gave him an answer. "D, I love you and all, but..."...