Chapter 5: Defending a Friend who's Returning to Earth

The class was silent.

Their eyes peered towards Boboiboy and the group of girls. It wasn't much of a stretch to say that they were greatly intrigued. Who wouldn't be? After all, one of the parties was the school's prince. Although Boboiboy was a popular kid, he never really made a scene and kept to himself often. The only time they've seen him speak up was during soccer matches. Witnessing him speak up now, made them feel excited on to what would come.

However, unlike the enthusiasm of his classmates, Boboiboy was frustrated. The way they spoke rudely about someone they didn't even know, much more his friend, made him mad. Sure he hadn't met her for years, but despite that, he knew very well that she was nothing like those rumors. How could the sweet little girl he knew back then become someone so immoral?

"Weren't you just buzzing off a bunch of nonsense earlier? What's with this silence?" Boboiboy said, his anger clearly heard in his tone.

None of the girls opened their mouth. They were shocked beyond words. Boboiboy had always spoken to them politely and patiently, hearing his anger for the first time, it made them slightly terrified.

"Did you not hear what I said?" His eyes narrowed at them "I asked if you could repeat what you told your friends."

The group of girls looked at each other, seemingly to have already process on what their idol was so mad about. They were at disbelief, was their prince also captivated by that girl? Inexplicable jealousy rose from their hearts.

"Boboiboy, don't be fooled by her!" Asura bursts out, unsettled to acknowledge the 'fondness' of her prince towards the girl she hated. "She's a snake! When we visited their school for a competition, she completely ignored us and spoke to the boys in our group!"

Boboiboy gave her a blank stare and did not respond.

Because of his lack in response, the other girls in the group began to chime in made up stories, thinking that Boboiboy was silent due to the revelation. However, they failed to notice their classmates shaking their heads.

"...Are you a hundred percent sure about what you said?" Boboiboy asked them.

Immediately they responded, "Yes! Yes! We're a hundred percent sure!"

Countless of sighs from their classmates released all at once. Hearing their answer, Boboiboy gave them a charming smile. The girls in the group became happy, they had saved him from the clutches of that girl.

Suddenly a laugh erupted from their idol.

"If you're going to spout lies, at least make them believable." Boboiboy then told them. "Our school has never set foot in another campus, all of the competitions have been held here. After all, the other schools are 'filthy' and the students shouldn't step into them."

The group grew pale as the color on their faces drained.

As if ignorant of their state, he continued. "Besides, Yaya hasn't been able to enter any competition for years. If you watched the news, you would know that she and her friends have been too occupied with protecting us."

"T-that's-"

"So I would appreciate it if you refrained from tarnishing her reputation with your gossip." His hazel eyes pierced unto them as he said. "Next time, when you want to say something untrue and dumb, keep it to yourself. The jealousy of people like you can cause the downfall of those innocent."

With that, Boboiboy sat down. Taking out a book, he turned a page and began to read, completely ignoring the stares on him. Staring at the pages of the book, he couldn't help but recall his friend.