CHAPTER 5

Six's pov

I was still asleep at the camp when Arthur came by "Six wake up, and come with me we're going to do something for Hosea" he said waking me up "okay okay I'm up I said five me a moment to get ready." I said getting Sadie's arms off of me, "Hurry up meet us at the the trees over there" he said as he started walking "alright then" I said as I grabbed my boots and put them on and started off towards the trees where Arthur said to go I heard him and Hosea start talking.

Arthur's pov

 "hey Arthur" said John "What are you doing?" I asked "selling it back to where it came from." Informed Hosea as he pointed to the moonshine we took from the stills we blew up "Why?" I asked "Well I ain't got a market for it. They made it, they must have someone to sell it to." He said as he lifted a bottle and handed to John "Stuff looked kinda lonely out here. I think we'll cut ourselves a deal." He continued "ah I get you." I said "you and Dutch was just doing your duty when you requisitioned it, now im doing mine" Hosea said as we got on Six looked at us "so we are selling moonshine back to the source, why am I needed again?" he asked "You're needed just in case things go bad and bullets start flying around the place." Hosea informed him "ah alright then" Six said as he pulled his repeater off his back and sat down in the back of the wagon. "Alright, I should get going now, I'll leave you fellers to it. Good luck." John said as we started to move "thank you John, we'll see you later." Hosea said as he looked at me and Six "Dutch asked him to look into something, to do with the Braithwaite horses, I think." Hosea informed us "Sure okay" I said "Okay lets head out to the Braithwaites' place. You know the way?" Hosea asked "Yeah I've been there." I said "So what exactly are we doing? This is the moonshine we took after blowing up the Braithwaites' still, right? " I continued "I think the good citizens taking the trouble to return their stolen goods deserve some reward, don't you, and it's time we made a formal introduction, like Dutch told us." Hosea said "by selling something that we stole from us sounds like an excellent plan Hosea." Six said sarcastically "it all depends on the situation Six we need the money and I ain't got many people wanting to buy moonshine so I'm trying something risky thats why you're along" Hosea said  "Look these are two big plantation houses and all I keep hearing is they hate each other so much they can't see past it." He continued "We know we seen it. A Gray boy and a Braithwaite girl carrying on a secret affair. Arthur's been helping 'em." Six said "the mind boggles. You think they're of use?" Hosea asked "Not sure they don't seem too involved in the rest of it, but maybe." I said "Well I'm sure there's money in this for us somewhere, if we can get in the middle of it." Hosea said as we pulled up to the entrance "here we are" I said "Modest little homestead, isn't it?" Hosea asked "Hello gentlemen, how are you?" He asked the guards "what's that in the back there?" One of them asked "moonshine my fine fellow." Hosea replied "may I have a word with the man of the house?" He asked "the 'man' of the house is a lady. Mrs. Catherine Braithwaite. " The guard said again "may I speak with her? I want to discuss a business opportunity. I mean no harm... no harm at all... you may happily shoot me if I do." Hosea said to the man "Okay... okay she's at the house. We'll be watching you" The guard said "you heard the man. Driver, proceed, please." Hosea told me.

Six's Pov when we got to the Manor some people came out "What you want?" The lady said annoyed  "found something... out in the hills, thought... thought maybe you was in the market for it." Hosea said "For what?" She asked angrily "Some Liquor" I said "I ain't in the market for what's already mine." She said "way we see it, it's ours. What with us possesing it, and I-I checked all over, for the life of me I couldn't see your name on it." Hosea said as we approached the Manor on foot when we got to the door 3 men came out with guns I held mine in my hands and waited for the signal to open fire "relax, I ain't here to rob you. Though it seems that's easy enough." Hosea said "wanna do a deal." He said "what do you sell that stuff for?" He continued "A dollar a bottle" she said annoyed "then give us fifty cents." Hosea asked "it's already ours." She said raising her tone "look on it as a reward, for finding the property. Alternative is we go sell it someplace else." Hosea said "the alternative is you get shot." One of the boys behind her said as he leveled his gun "Now, who wants to get shot over a bottle or two of liquor?" Hosea asked the man on the right pointed his double barrel at us as the lady grabbed the barrel "pay the man" she said as one of the men gave the money I lowered my rifle "Pleasure doing business with you" Hosea said as he counted the cash "and listen... we didn't take it... least not with orders from..." he said as he got interrupted "oh I know exactly who gave you your orders old sheriff, Gray. You know what I don't want it in fact sir now you can do me a favor there's an exta ten bucks if you do. Drive this stuff into Rhodes... head over to the tavern run by Mr. Gray and give the stuff out for free!" She said "mama?!" one of the boys said "hush now I believe they call that a promotional expense" she continued "as you wish madam." Hosea said "you boys come back sometime and tell me how you made out maybe we'll play a little cribbage." she said as we got back into the wagon "alright, next stop Rhode's saloon." Hosea said "here we go." Arthur said as we started moving Hosea said "so I finally sold those Cornwall bonds. Got close to a thousand for 'em I wanted more but not bad considering how hot they were, especially after that bloodbath in Valentine." "No not bad at all" Arthur said "apparently Cornwall's been pumping a lot of cash into the pinkertons. Wants to keep their full effort on whats going after gangs... gangs like us." Hosea informed us "yeah that don't suprise me." Arthur said "alright this could get ugly you and Dutch already have that thing going on in town with the sheriff" Hosea said "yeah Mr. Gray," Arthur said "that's it now we're inserting ourselves in his blood feud we'll need something" Hosea said "I ain't playing dress up." Stated Arthur I got intrigued by this "are we making Arthur into a lady because I'll hold him down while you dress him" I teased with an evil smile as I equipped Benny's suit "shut up Six" he said annoyed "you know how I feel about that Hosea" he continued "of course you're not. You're a clown's and business man's idiot brother." "Hosea please" "I'm the clown Six's the business man and you're the idiot just look sad and keep quiet. Even you can do that Arthur." Hosea said "Do I have to?" Arthur asked "every scheme comes with a plan dear brother" I said as I fixed the suit I was wearing "here Arthur put this hat on" Hosea said as he put a straw hat on Arthur "Smoke this pipe" he said as he gave Arthur a pipe "hey Hosea you got a cigar" I asked "here Six" as he passed me a cigar "bring your lip forward, just a bit... squint oh perfect." Hosea said "What about you?" Arthur asked "oh shh shh you can't talk you turned idiot" Hosea said as I was chuckling in the back Quite broke poor mammy's heart. Right Davey" "right dear Melvin good thing my stills made some money we bury her." I said smug as all living hell Arthur groaned "there there Fenton, there there. Don't get mad, now" Hosea said as we made it to the saloon. "Melvin let me get the lead on this for this is my liquor" I said outloud "of course Davey go talk to the men up there" he said in his clown voice.