Chapter 3: Prince of Mirkwood

Legolas had lied on his bed and looking at the ceiling. It was early in the morning and he was tired. Protecting borders of his homeland had become harder and harder every passing day. Beasts and devil creatures were attacking them more and the forest had become a very dangerous place. He didn't know what would happen for their realm if Mordor got more power than before. Maybe one day they had to evacuate their halls and flee to somewhere like Imladris.

His trail of thoughts got cut by knocking on the door. "Come in." he said and sat at the edge of his bed.

The door got open and Tauriel came in. "I'm sorry for disturbing you but Son of Arathorn asked for your presence, my lord. It seems that Gandalf's guest is arriving." she said.

"Alright, I'm coming. Give me a moment." replied Legolas.

"I'm waiting outside." she bowed and left.

Legolas wore his clothes, took his bow and blades and went out of his room.

They found Aragorn waiting in the main hall.

"Aragorn, what new news, my friend?" asked Legolas.

"Gandalf said his help will arrive soon. He is out, waiting. I thought it's better if you come too." Answered Aragorn and together they went to the main gates.

Tauriel followed them, curious about who this help might be.

They found Gandalf on the other side of the bridge pacing back and forth. It was dawn and everything had a shade of blue and gray. Fresh and cold air welcomed Legolas. He took a deep breath which had the fantastic scent of the forest and the river. Everything was wet because of morning dew. The river was roaring and was moving under the bridge like a white foam from autumn's hard rainings.

They passed the bridge and went to Gandalf. "Mithrandir!" called Legolas. Gandalf turned and smiled.

"Legolas Greenleaf. It's good that you are here. It's best if you see and accompany my guest and ..." Gandalf got cut off by a sound of gallops. His tensed body relaxed and he closed his eyes. "Uhhh, finally." said Gandalf.

They all turned to the road that was coming out of the trees a few meters ahead. They saw a silver glowing approaching fast. And suddenly a beautiful silver horse jumped out of the shadows and in one second it was in front of them.

"It's one of the Mearas." said Tauriel amazed. But all of Legolas' attention was to its mysterious rider. The hood of the rider's green and silver cloak had covered most of its face but he saw a glimpse of silver under it.

Gandalf went ahead. "Niphredil Elentary, I was getting worried, slowly." he cried. The rider unmounted.

"Mellon nín." said the rider while taking off her hood. It was in that moment that Legolas Greenleaf saw Niphredil Elentary for the first time and heard her soft voice in the increasing light of the day.

Her voice was soothing like the sound of a little stream, flowing in its stone bed, and beautiful, like singings of a nightingale in nights and Tit on a beautiful spring day. Her silver hair was styled by little braids and the rest of it had fallen to her waist like a river of Mithril. But her eyes were something else. He couldn't take his eyes off of her mesmerizing brown eyes. They gave you a feeling of safety, serenity, and peace.  He admitted to himself that Niphredil was the most beautiful being he had ever seen.

***

Niphredil hugged Gandalf tightly. She had missed him so much. "I came as soon as I could." said Niphredil looking at Gandalf.