*Bang Bang*

*Bang Bang*

(Amelia's P.O.V)

Deep breaths. You can do it, goddamn it. Just don't panic. Pretend it's a serial killer about to shoot Reid. You've got to aim for the target. Just aim and shoot.

"Are you ready, Agent Shields?"

A brief pause. Deep breath. "Yes."

I stared intently at the target in front of me, poising my gun straight.

Another pause.

Then I fired the rounds in a rapid succession, watching the bullets penetrate the centre of the target like a knife through butter.

Bang! Bang!

All twelve missiles hit the target; the holes in the board were only millimetres away from each other, tearing through the wood.

Grinning to myself, I turned to face the inspector. He looked impassive, his eyes hard.

"Well Done. I believe you're now qualified to wield a gun. I'll fax the paperwork to you shortly." His voice was completely monotone; not a hint of emotion.

I nodded and tugged the muffs off my ear. Everything became exceedingly louder.

"Thank you," I murmured as I walked out of the room.

I sucked in a deep breath, feeling giddy with excitement. I returned to the BAU in high spirits, but as I pushed open the door, I felt something small and hard collide with my head, sending me staggering back in confusion.

"Oh, gosh. I am so sorry!" Reid jumped out of his chair and rushed over to me, eyes wide. "Are you okay?" Genuine concern laced his voice.

"Er, yeah. What was it?" My head pounded a little, but it was nothing serious. JJ, Morgan and Prentiss were crowded round Reid's desk, struggling to hold back their laughter.

"I...I...I was merely demonstrating a physics law. I..I didn't mean to hit you... I'm so sorry!"

I stared at him blankly for a moment, then grinned. "Little less force next time," I said with a wink. The others glanced at each other.

"Aw. Poor Reid was panicking for nothing!" JJ teased.

"Shut up," he muttered. He smiled at me and his eyes sparked with realisation. "Oh, how did it go?"

The others instantly took interest, rushing over with eagerness.

I struggled to make my face fall and produce sigh. "Well... I hit the target every time... so I don't think I did that well..."

Prentiss grinned and clapped me on the back. "Congratulations!" She sang, along with the others. They all genuinenly looked happy for me.

"Aww, well done, honey! You deserve it!" Garcia suddenly embraced me in a hug, and I patted her back awkwardly, before pulling away.

"Thanks."

Hotch entered, looking as stony-faced as ever. "Hey, Hotch! Shields passed her test."

He nodded solemnly. "Well done. Briefing in five minutes."

"We got a new case?" Morgan inquired, a little too enthusiastically.

Hotch nodded and disappeared into his office.

"Let's go to the conference room."

I nodded and followed Spencer. "Next time use something softer," I muttered, still rubbing my head.