~twenty two~

Mood: Regret, Sorrow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tears escaped your eyes as you awoke, feeling suddenly overwhelmed. Concretes walls, a metal door, and a bright light above you were the only things you could see. It looked very similar to the room Don kept you in. From the position of the door, you knew that this room was different.

You laid your head against the concrete wall behind you, frustrated. Now, instead of being held up in a chair like before, your hands were tied together with rope and your ankles were restrained with chains that were hooked into the wall behind you. You wanted to try to pull the chains out of the wall, but it would cause too much noise.

You grumbled, attempting to re-position yourself against the wall. You tried your hardest to avoid shifting your face--you could feel the ache from where you had been knocked earlier. Your face was surely swollen, or at least bruised. Your relaxed against the cool floor, trying your hardest to forget about the situation you were in.

But truly, how could you? You had been constantly wondering about what you'd done to deserve this constant torture. You wished Charles would be your knight in shining armor, Desperately. But a human was human, and that meant that he would never be perfect. Hope that he will help was fading.

Your mind flashed back to when Charles killed Don. You had momentarily looked into his eyes as he shot him. The more that you were reminded of that haunting day, the more you realized about him.

He had no mercy or regret for the things he had done.

Sure, Don had kidnapped you and was about to kill you, and you were very grateful for his save that night. But what worried you was the malicious, unstable look in his eyes as he completed what he felt he was responsible for finishing. That look would forever linger in the back of your mind, as it was your body's way of reminding you that everyone had madness living inside of them.

The door to your room opened up. You heard the small noise immediately. Your head shot back up to put your attention to the intruder.

Many tattoo's covered his white skin, and his shaved head reflecting the fake lighting. It would have been comical if he hadn't been carrying a handgun in his right hand. Your eyes dilated before looking back up at the man whose face was beaming with pride.

"... Ivan?"

"I was worried that you wouldn't remember me, Lieutenant (L/n)." 

You scowled at him, pushing yourself further against the wall.

"What do you want?" You spat. A smirk tugged on Ivan's lips.

"Well, you could call is some sort of... payback. Maybe even call it revenge?"

He skillfully spun the gun around his finger as he paced the room, his eyes scanning the blank interior to pass the time.

"Why do you say that?"

"You see, Lieutenant (L/n), you did something very bad when you visited me months ago." He said, his smile fading. 

You stayed silent.

"Camille and I were great before you came along."

His calm disposition was quickly falling.

"After I escaped prison, I went back to her. But when she opened up the door, she wasn't sweet like usual. She was angry."

You nervously shifted in your restraints.

"I couldn't understand why she was refusing me. She wouldn't even let me in the house. But then I remembered."